06 WRX: Best spot to run 12V power from hood -> Interior?

This is a discussion on 06 WRX: Best spot to run 12V power from hood -> Interior? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi all, I purchased an 06 WRX Wagon. I like the car, getting it tinted on sunday (mm limo tint) ...

06 WRX: Best spot to run 12V power from hood -> Interior?

Hi all,

I purchased an 06 WRX Wagon. I like the car, getting it tinted on sunday (mm limo tint)
    I'm trying to determine where the best spot to run power from the battery to the passenger cabin is. I'd like to avoid drilling holes if possible. I need a descent amount of room for a thick 12v cable to power an invertor and amps.. Passenger seat looks like a good spot for the amp to sit under.

Let me know what everyone thinks..

-Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by b1ue
    Hi all,

I purchased an 06 WRX Wagon. I like the car, getting it tinted on sunday (mm limo tint)
    I'm trying to determine where the best spot to run power from the battery to the passenger cabin is. I'd like to avoid drilling holes if possible. I need a descent amount of room for a thick 12v cable to power an invertor and amps.. Passenger seat looks like a good spot for the amp to sit under.

Let me know what everyone thinks..

-Bill
    There is a small hole with a rubber plug in it in the drivers-side footwell. Look for a round rubber plug about 1-1/4" in diameter. Thats where I where I went through for the power for my Alpine headunit.

Steve
    [COLOR=Navy]Steve in Minnesota
    '04 WRX Sport'n Wagon - PSM
    Drag Racing / Street Racing is for fast cars....Autocross is for fast drivers! COLOR]

Perfect! Thanks much.

Suggestion

I did mine at night and shined a light through the grommet's hole. It was much easier to see where the wire will come through when looking in the engine bay this way. You cannot actually see the hold, you kinda feel around for the wire coming through. It also helps to remove the washer fluid bottle on 04. I think for 06, they relocated it though.