just bought car have questions about stereo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on just bought car have questions about stereo within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I just bought an 04 sti and the original owner installed a good system in it (not great, but good). ...

just bought car have questions about stereo

I just bought an 04 sti and the original owner installed a good system in it (not great, but good). It includes 4 door speakers (no speakers in the rear deck) and a sony CDX-M8800 headunit. headunit

I've got 2 questions/problems...

1) I'd like to plug my ipod into the back of the HU. I checked and it has an aux in (RCA) connection in the back and I have the correct cable from another car. The question is how do I get to this aux in to plug it in. I was going to slide the HU and thread the mini plug end through the back of the console and round the side. However, I don't have the little install keys to slide it out. How else could I get at it...short an installer to do it for $35+.

2) The previous owner lost the remote for this unit. I can do everything I need with the controls on unit itself, with the exception of one function. I can't get the display to stop cycling through its images/screensavers (a demo mode sorta thing). I find this distracting. Has anyone found a work around for this or know of a store that is fairly lenient and will let me borrow their remote for 5 minutes. (I already tried resetting the unit...it defaults to the demo-like mode.)

Thanks for reading my long post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just a guess here but you might be able to get to the back of the head unit if you remove the glove box and go around. its like 6 bolts that are pretty visible. Its worth a try only takes about 5 min to get it out.

the glovebox wasn't worth the trouble...going through the front of the dash (HVAC panel) allowed me to take out the stereo metal box thingy and then get to the back of the unit.

Now all I have to do is find someone with a sony headunit and i'm set.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.