best stereo for wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on best stereo for wrx within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey everyone. i was wondering what the best stereo to get for the WRX would be. I know most stereos ...

best stereo for wrx

Hey everyone. i was wondering what the best stereo to get for the WRX would be. I know most stereos at Bestbuy that they sell are half the size of the one that comes with the WRX.

I am looking to spend maybe $200.00
    you got smoked by a girl :-*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmm, you must be talking about head units. The stock head unit is twice the size of almost all aftermarket units out there, but its an easy fix. Just find either a Forester din pocket or an older impreza din pocket. (do a search for those two, I'm sure there are some pics and part numbers).

I bought an Alpine CDA-9827 for 215 shipped from some online store (sorry, can't remember) and it made the stereo sound a lot better. But, the main problem with the wrx is the speakers...in short, they suck. I'll suggest upping your budget to $400 if it can be done and get a head unit and some new front speakers. But then, upping the budget a little only opens it to be upped more, then you have a whole aftermarket setup and wondered where the money went lol
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

10 posts....I'll say this, search.
    2004 WRB WRX
    Interior: Momo shifter knob, door sills, red bulbs on HVAC, fog light, keyring, clock
    Exterior: OEM spoiler, sideskirts, red brake calipers (G2 set), cleared headlights (all white), Blue "i" emblem
    Tint: 30% front/side 20% back
    Audio: Kenwood MPV 7019 head unit w/ mp3 adapter
    Power: OEM SPT catback exhaust system, K&N air filter

I Support ClubWRX
    It all depends on what kind of specs you need. For instance, if you won't be running separate amps, the highest RMS wattage that you can afford is preferable. Pioneer and Kenwood are good brands to start with. Some of these offer a feature called NWS (Noise Wave Stabilization). Only the owner of the head unit with the password can view this setting - which allows for clearer sound at highway speeds.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Thats spiffy. I'm going to check that out!
    2005 CGM STi

n00b

ShadowBlade612....you should be ashamed, get with the times.....idiot

*~daisy-wrx~* don't listen to this waste of space, i only wish one of my girl friends (a girl that is a friend, not a girlfriend!) was like that, they are mostly interested in shoes and the OC
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

Yea, what's ShadowBlade's problem with DaisyWRX? Second post he did that to her. Anyways, Alpines and JL make great audio equipment.

thats really inappropriate. we try to have a nice comfortable atmosphere here and comments like that should not be tolerated.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

i sincerely apologize for my wrongdoings. please give me another chance

well, $200 is not really that much for a head unit. I would spend the money and upgade the speakers first and then change the radio. I feel that would make the best improvement for the $200 your looking to spend. Find a reputable shop in the area and get their opinion. Unfortunately, I dont think the major stores really have the knowledge for a good decision. Independants are USUALLY better informed and more knowledgable. As far as brands, it depends on budget and what YOU think sounds good. Afterall, you are the one having to live with it. Hope it helps.
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

Definitely upgrade the speakers first. I'm not sure about your model year specs, but with my 02 I needed to drill new holes as the aftermarket speakers didn't exactly fit. If your's is an exact fit, it's just a matter of opening the door assembly and screwing in the new speakers. The rear door speakers in mine were exact fits. Check out www.crutchfield.com They should say if the aftermarket speakers are exact fit or not.

As for the size of your head unit, it's called a double din. You can get double din units with giant faces and lots of lights. But you'll be losing the six disc capacity. That's the only reason I haven't upgraded my head unit yet.
    Batmobile: 2002 WRX wagon RIP

alpine 9827 is a great headunit

plays mp3/wma/cdr/w/ect and good price too.

I have a polk component set in the front doors and another set of Polk speakers in the back doors along with a 4 channel 720 watt amp. it is all hooked up to the stock 6 disc changer for now, but does sound worlds clearer than the stock speakers did.

sold the stockers on ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Seth,

Someone bought the stock speakers?!!! For how much?!

How did you hook up the amp to the head unit? Specific parts please. I've been looking at doing just that. Thanks.
    Batmobile: 2002 WRX wagon RIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast