Don't know what I am doing. Need new speakers. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Don't know what I am doing. Need new speakers. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; no they are 6.5 and 5.25 in every WRX from 2000-2005. i dont know what year you have but in ...

no they are 6.5 and 5.25 in every WRX from 2000-2005. i dont know what year you have but in everyone elses subie its been these measurements. and a tweeter in the front
    xTristanx
    New England F4
    Blobeye Syndicate #27
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Crutchfield reports 4" in the rear, but nothing up front. So, in this case, I'm just not buying it. I've been meaning to go down to Tweeter and find out what the truth is, but haven't had time.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

Quote Originally Posted by CertainPhate
    no they are 6.5 and 5.25 in every WRX from 2000-2005. i dont know what year you have but in everyone elses subie its been these measurements. and a tweeter in the front
    Are you kidding me? Do you even own a WRX?
    I have personally installed 6" components in my front doors, and the stock sizes are definately not 6". The upgraded speakers are probably different, but I am talking about stock sizes.
    If you don't believe me, maybe you will believe other WRX owners

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ht=stock+sizes
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ht=stock+sizes
    speaker sizes
    stock speaker size
    Can someone confirm the stock speaker sizes for me?

I just installed some Diamond Audio D6 components in my WRX. Just let me say that 6 1/2 inch is a b**** to install.

They did not fit at all, and I needed to buy a mounting spacers for the speakers. They are 1 inch but I had to do some custom work to the spacers just so the speakers would fit right.

I've heard anywhere from 5 and 1/2 to 6 and 1/2 will fit though. Just have fun installing the sixes.

Oh and don't keep the stock head unit. I upgraded to 9855, but that's costly. Just get something decent. And while i'm blabering on about the WRX's sound system, it isn't the best car to mod the sound until ur done with performance IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXKenzo
    I just installed some Diamond Audio D6 components in my WRX. Just let me say that 6 1/2 inch is a b**** to install.

They did not fit at all, and I needed to buy a mounting spacers for the speakers. They are 1 inch but I had to do some custom work to the spacers just so the speakers would fit right.

I've heard anywhere from 5 and 1/2 to 6 and 1/2 will fit though. Just have fun installing the sixes.

Oh and don't keep the stock head unit. I upgraded to 9855, but that's costly. Just get something decent. And while i'm blabering on about the WRX's sound system, it isn't the best car to mod the sound until ur done with performance IMHO.
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

Diamond Audio are great speakers, the D6 line is huge. That's what I will be putting in my subie soon. The problem is once you get them spaced you'll probably have to worry about them hitting the door panel when their playing. Diamond Audio along with other high end companies like Focal have what they consider an oversized 6. All aftermarket speakers even though they say they are 6's will measure different sizes. If you buy any compaies lower end speaker in a 6 it will most likely just drop in.
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

Quote Originally Posted by wrxintegrations
    Diamond Audio are great speakers, the D6 line is huge. That's what I will be putting in my subie soon. The problem is once you get them spaced you'll probably have to worry about them hitting the door panel when their playing. Diamond Audio along with other high end companies like Focal have what they consider an oversized 6. All aftermarket speakers even though they say they are 6's will measure different sizes. If you buy any compaies lower end speaker in a 6 it will most likely just drop in.
    I wished they just dropped in! That sounds so nice. Actually the speakers are about 1 centimeter away from the door, so when there is a song with banging bass it kind of rumbles the door. I think I need to do some more customizing.

Focal 500~1000ish
    Boston Acoustics 400-900ish
    MbQuart up to 1200
    Eclipse dunno.
    Diamond Audio 350ish and up

All really nice speakers...All really expensive

Your best bet however is just to buy front speakers and spend like you are buying fronts AND rears.

Boston pros are in the range of 550 and sound fantastic. Problem is you'll then hear the 1000.00 focals .....and want nothing less lol.

Ill sell my factory sub i also have factory 05 sti radio
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.