amp install help!!

This is a discussion on amp install help!! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; i recently installed a pioneer headunit w/ a 4 channel alpine amp for all the speakers and my speakers are ...

amp install help!!

i recently installed a pioneer headunit w/ a 4 channel alpine amp for all the speakers and my speakers are on and off...1 sec you hear music then next sec its off....i wired new speaker wires from the new harness to the amp and everything is in place..i dont know what the problem is...can someone help me?? thanks

-henry

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

does it cut out when you turn it loud?

nope..loud or soft...its on n off...seems like the power going to it is on and off...cuz i hear the power going to it (on) and the it dies (off)...

did you make sure its grounded right? make sure you do not have speaker wires crossed .

what do you mena by speaker wires crossed?

the wires going from your amp to your speakers. they will cut out if not connected properly. did you bridge any of your connections?

nope..no bridge...straight through...im gonna check the grounding tomorrow..thanks bro

sounds like a crappy ground. i would double check where u ground it. i normally ground mine to something metal instead of another ground wire. just make sure you chip the paint off the surface where u ground it. if it isnt that, it could be your power wire.

just remember, u need 3 things to make a stereo work:

ground
    constant power
    switched power
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

alright...i concluded that my amp is busted...i check all the freakin connections..nothing was touching metal whatsoever..and i sanded down the ground..the problem consisted...and at first i could hear sound then gradually no sound and then only the thump (power on) and silent (power off) then i disconnected the wires from harness and connect w/ hu and bam!..sound again...so i figured it was the amp problem...i got sick of fussing with it so i took out the amp and now im running just the hu w/ mb quarts 5'1/4"(front) and pioneer 6'1/2"(rear) and now i got another problem...the rear speakers are too thick and it sticks out so the door panel is not sealed tight..and so sometimes it would cut off...(no sound) while playing...and when i open the rear passenger door sound comes back..has this happened to any of you?? messing with the amp to speakers are PITA!!...do i need spacers?? will it help?? please help!! thanks

from the sound of things seems like the rear passenger door speaker is shorting everything out. What you do is pull of that speaker, grab some electrical tape and tape up the positive and negative terminals and around the ring of the speaker so that it doesnt touch any other metal. When you put it back in pay attention to where it is hitting and move it around so the speaker fits nice and flush. Speaker spacers also make installation easier and will give you a lot less headaches.

Also, if this fixes the problem then you amp's ok. Wire everything back to the amp and viola hope it works