Good Subwoofer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Good Subwoofer within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Ive read in some old post that an Infinity Basslink is great for the sound, price, and size. Is this ...

Good Subwoofer

Ive read in some old post that an Infinity Basslink is great for the sound, price, and size. Is this still the best or is there somthing better now?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think I'm going to buy one today I'll let you know.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperScooby
    Ive read in some old post that an Infinity Basslink is great for the sound, price, and size. Is this still the best or is there somthing better now?
    For an all in one solution, the basslink is a great choice.

I have a kicker solobaric S10 L7. It doesn't take up a lot of room, but hits very hard!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

its a great deal if youre not wanting anything very loud, all you have to buy is the install kit (power cables, remote wire, rca's, etc.) and get it installed. With a normal set up youll need the install kit, the sub, an amp, and the enclosure
    - Local Riceist

What about this one!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yWDwH2d...0&I=108BASSLN2

If any one can find one of these for a good price please tell me where
    Last edited by SuperScooby; 07-05-2005 at 10:51 PM.

holy crap thats pretty expensive. It better sound damn good for that.

I dont know too much about car audio right now, but I'm looking into getting some subs and leaving the rest of the audio (head unit and speakers) stock. I remember best buy selling 2 Kenwood 12" 800 Watt subs with amplifier and box for about $320. Not bad compared to this basslink thing. But I dunno which would sound better. I heard the kenwoods in the store and they sounded nice, but they will also take up the entire trunk....
    2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, #87 STX

Kenwood excelons or jlaudio W7= break your glass
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

12W7 all the way
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by t-rx
    Kenwood excelons or jlaudio W7= break your glass

no they wont... we have in our honda civic 4 mtx 15's pushed with a 8000 watt amp.. hitting 153db at 10 volts no breaking of glass there.. plus the amp isnt gettign the power its needing.. we have installed many w7's and honestly for the price you can get a 9500 series mtx for less and will hit and sound better... the kenwood's are okay but if you want somethings more for the price check arc audio.. they have one of the best subs on my list.. i own 2 arc audio kar series extreme 12's and it sounds damn near loud but when idont want it to be it sounds good..

the basslink is a good way to go... they are not bad. but you can go better.

systems you hear inthe store liek best buy and circuti city sound loud but if you ever listen to a system in a car from best buy they arent as loud as you hear them in the store. plus its good for now but if you want to upgrade you need to go to a audio shop...

i'd say alpine type "r" but if your spending as much money for a w7 you might as well get a type " x" i'm a fan of alpine stuff if you wnat it for cheap go to www.ikesound.com they have really good prices and a good selection

alpine is some good stuff but there quality has dropped ... they are still go products.. but they are not as good as they used to be.. honestly IMO.. alpines speakers are bad ass.. their subs you can find better for the price... like here just a few... ID's, Arc Audio , Rainbow Audio, alumapro, those are just a few i can think of.

12" Alpine Type R... makes the basslink sound like a toy.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Best performance per $ would be a kenwood tornado... Should be about 100$ 300 watt rms, the amp will be cheaper, the wiring can be 8 gauge so you can save yourself alot of money. I put two in my girlfriends pontiac, and it hits very hard. But, other then that buy a nice infinite kappa perfect on ebay for about 100$ and get a good amp and capaciter...

I just installed the BASSLINK, I love it! with a little adjustment it will sound like I have a bunch of subs in the back. cut it back a bit and you can get very balanced sound.
    Definitely
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast