i need some stereo help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on i need some stereo help within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; ok guys this is a long one. I've had my wrx for a few weeks now and the stereo is ...

i need some stereo help

ok guys this is a long one. I've had my wrx for a few weeks now and the stereo is diffinatly the cars weak point. In my mind. So in my old car (1995 ford taurus sad ea?) I had put in a kenwood system 5.25 3 way in the front and 6x9 2 way in back. But im not so sure how to go about how to get to the speakers in my wrx and what speakers to replace them with and what deck would go best wiht your recomend speakers, and how to go about getting the old system out. I dont need a sub i need the trunk space because i do go snowboarding all the time and i dont like the idea of a 400$ buton custom being cramed in there wiht a sub. so waht speakers deck and how to install. I know its alot but any advice and even pics would be great. Thanks!

ps-if you are wondering what sound im going for im looking for max bass sound bassicaly
    " Burton is like sex in the snow, only board shaped and not as cold" - Lizz ----

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you're just wanting max bass then any hold head unit will do. i would usually suggest alpine head units. they're very nice and have a lot of nice features (depending on which one you get). but bass really doesn't contain any sound quality so you can get a piece of crap head unit if you want. i would suggest still getting a nice head unit as i'm sure one day you'll decide to listen to some music that has some range and you'll be pissed then. so i'd suggest any of Alpines mid-line units. you should be able to get these for under $300. as for speakers, i love components and pretty much strictly use them. they'll provide you with great bass response and much better highs than a coaxial as well. considering your desires i'd suggest you look into JL components. expect to spend around $400 on them.

umm if you want loud and bass i would look up Massive Audio they are kind of deep so mounting may be a problem. but IMO they are very good and not many people know of them... i have a pair of rainbow Soundlines with Kick bass if you know anythign abotu Rainbow. or arc audio .. they are handmade in germany... also Jl is nice but expensive. there are much better speakers out there for the price.. liek Focal. Mb Quart ( well the older series) Morel, and Genesis..

as far as headunit alpine is good for sq well many people like them.. same with pioneer. i personally like panasonic than alpine and pioneer. Alpine has all the same looks but good quality they have lost a lot of the quality they used to have now then back in the day....

pioneer is a good cd player but many peoepl have them....

it really depends on the look you want..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.