05 STi headunit wiring diagram
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 STi headunit wiring diagram within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Does any one have a copy of a diagram dipicting the color codes(or even listed!) for the speakers and possibly ...

05 STi headunit wiring diagram

Does any one have a copy of a diagram dipicting the color codes(or even listed!) for the speakers and possibly a wire that could be used as a "remote" on?

I had one from an 04 wrx and they are not the same, I dont want to tap into the wrong high level input wires for my rca line converter.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1-Violet
    2-red yellow
    3-Brown white
    4-R Rear (+) Blue Yellow
    5-L Rear (+) white red
    6-blue red
    7-orange white
    8-white black
    9-green
    10-yellow green (12V acc)
    11-black
    12-R rear (-) red white
    13-L rear (-) red black
    14-white

I tapped into the R and L rear + and - and ran them to a line converter, and ran rcas to the amp. The converter and 200W amp are mounted under the drivers seat and the 8" subwoofer under the passenger seat. Sound volume and "bumpness" improved greatly, the stereo isnt even remotely washed out by the combination of the tire/road/wind/exhaust noises from the car.

Some of the other colors were different for the other wires so I didnt want to risk it, which is why I asked in the beginning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRXplug.jpg  
    Last edited by BrandonWRX; 05-29-2005 at 10:27 AM.
    MY MODS

Here's the link to my WRX radio connector pin-out (where BrandonWRX got the above image and wire color list). My table shows the functions for all of the other wires, and also shows the colors in different model years (since some of the wire colors change across years).

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWRX
    Some of the other colors were different for the other wires ...
    I don't understand what you mean by that. Which other wires? How exactly were they different?

The colors of all 14 wires at the radio connector in the 2004 and 2005 Impreza, WRX, RS, and STi are the same as what's shown in my pin-out table.

And to answer his other question (for anyone else who reads this thread): Pin 14 is a "remote on" signal from the stock radio for a motorized antenna or antenna amplifier. It's only "on" when you're listening to AM/FM. 2004 and later Imprezas (with the antenna in the rear glass) have an antenna amplifier in one of the rear pillars. It is activated by this signal; your radio reception will suck if you don't connect this line.

The stock radio does not have an output pin that can be used as a "remote on" for a speaker amplifier. Pin 10 (switched, +12V "accessory" power) is the best option for that.
    Last edited by SVXdc; 11-26-2009 at 12:41 AM.

my fault, I took it as the table being incomplete for the 2005 year so I was giving you the color codes so you could complete it. It didnt occur to me to check if they were the same from 1997 on. Helpful info
    MY MODS

Ah, thanks -- that's useful feedback. I may need to modify my table somehow so people will know that some of the pins' colors stay the same across all years.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.