How to run amps, subs and speakers off stock headunit? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on How to run amps, subs and speakers off stock headunit? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by SVXdc Send the four speaker outputs from your amp back to the 'forward' harness (to send on ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SVXdc
    1. Send the four speaker outputs from your amp back to the 'forward' harness (to send on to the car's speakers).
    Forget that! If you're installing a system like that, you want to run good speaker wires. Otherwise you're wasting your money unless you just want it to sound loud, not good. You end up with way too much skinny wire that way. Plus it'll never be quite as loud either.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should check out the JL Audio Cleansweep. http://www.jlaudio.com/press/CleanSweep05.html

Quote Originally Posted by GV27
    Forget that! If you're installing a system like that, you want to run good speaker wires. ... You end up with way too much skinny wire that way. ...
    Don't blame me! I was responding to the earlier posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddr2000
    u can get the factory harness for the optional sub and run the subs of that.
    and...
    Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    Yes!. ... All you have to do is run 2 sets of wires from the radio to the amp. One is for signal to the amp, the other for signal from amp to the speakers. Then connect to speaker wires and you're done. ...
    I was mainly pointing out that the factory subwoofer harness won't help you do that (plus it's expensive!). The main premise of my reply was "To do what you want without cutting or splicing the factory wires ..."

Some people argue that the stock wires are thick enough for them. I won't weigh in on that debate. I will say that for different people there are different points at which they decide to abandon the factory wires and run new wires. The decision might be based on the power levels of the amps, as well as whether the person wants to go through the extra effort to install the wiring.

no but all u need it a lineout converter u can get one at sound advice for like 19.99

does anyone have a link to a tutorial with pics?

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I'll make one! I'm tired of being asked this exact same question over and over... Mod's, get ready to sticky it before the end of the weekend.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    I'll make one! I'm tired of being asked this exact same question over and over... Mod's, get ready to sticky it before the end of the weekend.

Thanks its about time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12