For those who have Dynamatted their trunk!

This is a discussion on For those who have Dynamatted their trunk! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have Dynamatted all four doors. I like the results. Before I do the trunk, I wanted to find out ...

For those who have Dynamatted their trunk!

I have Dynamatted all four doors. I like the results. Before I do the trunk, I wanted to find out exactly what you gained by doing the trunk and doors vs. just the doors.

My Sublink sub sounds great without Dynamatt and I have no rattles in the trunk that I know of so far.

Does Dynamatting the trunk just make the sub sound a little better or does it also make for a quieter ride?

Doing the doors has made a small difference in lessening road noise. If doing the trunk will help with road noise, I'm more likely to want to do it.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it will dampr road noise and it will stop rattles before they start. i think that it would be a good idea to do it.

if you want to lessen road noise dynamat the floor with extreeme 2 layer thats will help a lot. and also thw wheel wells if you really want too.. but dynamat also will weigh down you trunk lid so opened it will be a little harder. we dont have a "pop" up trunk so it might be as heavy as having a Sti wing on your wrx. but it will act likeyour trunk is a box even though you have a sub in a box. i dont know if you understand that. but it will basically make your sub sound a bit louder. and there will be no distorion from the subwoofer sound waves.