Does your '05 antenna suck like mine? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Does your '05 antenna suck like mine? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; SVXdc Thanks for posting that info on the 12v to the antenna. I just installed a new headunit and I ...

SVXdc Thanks for posting that info on the 12v to the antenna. I just installed a new headunit and I have been going nuts trying to determine why the radio went from fine to suck!. I am going to splice that wire together tomorrow! I dont know what I would do without the infinite wisdom of the forums!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Most aftermarket head units have a blue wire for power antenna operation. I believe that this is the wire that supplies power to the antenna amp that SVXdc is refering to.

When I installed my Pioneer head unit, I noticed that the radio signal would come in and out. I jostled the wiring harness a bit and it works fine. The electrical connections must not have been contacting properly.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell
    Most aftermarket head units have a blue wire for power antenna operation. I believe that this is the wire that supplies power to the antenna amp that SVXdc is refering to.

When I installed my Pioneer head unit, I noticed that the radio signal would come in and out. I jostled the wiring harness a bit and it works fine. The electrical connections must not have been contacting properly.
    i recently installed my Pioneer Deck and the radio works great. im assuming that its got that 12v power to the anteanna amp?. because i get great radio reception. i havent gots tint yet but i will soon.

I have the same problem with my 05, the antenna gets lousy reception of my favorit stations. So I turn to my always helpfull manual and: (I kid you not)

"If reception continues to be unsatisfactory, swtich to a stronger station"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12