head unit in armrest

This is a discussion on head unit in armrest within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I tried looking this up but did not know were to start. Do you think it would be possiable to ...

head unit in armrest

I tried looking this up but did not know were to start. Do you think it would be possiable to mount a head unit in side the armrest so you have to open it to get to it. I want to put in that mattjk screen but I want to avoid putting the sterio were the clock is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump.
    Anyone have an idea of how I could do this or if I could do this?

I have no doubt that it could be done. A good audio shop will do anything you ask and pay for! It would be easy to run wires under the center console, and around the shifter, then just hook it up. Make sure your headunit can play on its side. Some will only play when horizontal. Again, ask a shop. Nice idea, too, just would be a pain in the butt to change cd's while driving, don't wreck!!!!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

thanks man. If i do get it runing I will let you know

yes that will forsure work all u will need to do is extend ur wires and then get a deck that will play on its side/end i think that u should do some small custon fiberglassing in that armrest so that its in there nicely and looks clean. waht are u planning on mounting it in there w/?
    good luck post some picks.

if you want to extend the wiring with no mess, you can get another radio harness and just use vampire clips from pep boys or radio shack and some wire to tap your existing harness. Vampire clips just clip around the wire and poke through the insulation...if you ever take them off its invisible and the insulation is intact. the other end of the clip is just a regular female spade connector.

I used a similar method to duplicate my OBDII port so I can plug in my AP without it getting in the way of my feet.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself