Subwoofer
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subwoofer within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Just bought a premium package 05 WRX, it has the 6 disk changer but no subwoofer. Is it supposed to ...

Subwoofer

Just bought a premium package 05 WRX, it has the 6 disk changer but no subwoofer. Is it supposed to come with one?
    From what I read here it sucks, along with the whole upgraded stereo system so I would just ask them for the money for it.
    Also, if I just bought a sub and an amp would that sound good enough with this stereo and speakers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hated the sub that came with it. I installed a head unit and aftermarket sub even with the stock premium speakers and it sounds pretty good the stock head unit is crap, but I did like the 6 disk changer part.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Pulled the plug out of the stock sub the first week I got the car. Distorted all the sound.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

anyone know if it was supposed to come with the sub? I would like to call the dealer and get the money for it.

Get a Basslink sub. They are awesome.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    No the WRX dosnt come with it unless you order the upgraded sound package. Its a extra $500 and you get the sub and upgraded speakers.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers
    No the WRX dosnt come with it unless you order the upgraded sound package. Its a extra $500 and you get the sub and upgraded speakers.
    I got the premium package - came with a six disc changer. Is this the upgraded sound package?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperScooby
    I got the premium package - came with a six disc changer. Is this the upgraded sound package?
    It would be listed on the dealer window tag if you did. The Premium package comes with and without upgraded stereo. If you didn't pay the extra for it don't worry. That $500 goes alot farther on a Basslink sub and better speakers than the OEM ones.
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

The brochure says it comes w/ a Sub when you get the Premium Package, but it doesnt. They lied. I cant imagine its any good. Even people w/ Bose systems complain. Stock is never good.

If your gonna get a sub, then your going to need to either get a new head unit, or get an amp for the speakers. Your going to over power the speakers w/ the aftermarket sub.

Tho the stock HU buts out 120watts. My old RSX put out 50watts, and my 325watt amp to my 12" Alpine Type R sub would overpower the speakers. I plan on getting an amp for the WRX speakers so i can keep the stock HU when i put in my sub.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Thanks for the replies.
    I am looking in the brochure and it does say it comes with one. Im gona call the dealer and ***** to see if I can get anything out of them.
    whats a good amp and sub combo to go with the stock head unit?

Oh, did I atleast get the upgraded speakers or do I need to switch those out?
    Last edited by SuperScooby; 04-22-2005 at 12:35 AM.

Thanks for the replies.
    I am looking in the brochure and it does say it comes with one. Im gona call the dealer and ***** to see if I can get anything out of them.

Did you just get the "premium package" or did you get the upgraded speaker option? cus they are seperate of eachother.

Thanks for the replies.

XM Alpine deck and Sublink sub is what I have and I love it.

Recently brought a 2005 2.5RS with the sport package. Brochure and online website says that it comes with a subwoofer, but mine didn't come with it. I had my sport package installed later at the dealership. I even took a look at the WRX with the sport package installed straight from the factory and I didn't find a subwoofer either.

Either they changed the subwoofer to be hidden behind the dashboard somewhere or it simply not in the package like they say? I was always led to believe the subwoofer was underneath the passenger seat...

I'm pissed. The least I could do was take out the stock subwoofer and sell it on Ebay for a few hundred as down payment for some JLs.

Quote Originally Posted by trippy
    I even took a look at the WRX with the sport package installed straight from the factory and I didn't find a subwoofer either.
    The WRX doesn't have a sport package. unless you mean Premium Package.

The brochure is a miss print. the WRX and RS Sport don't come w/ a sub unless u get it as an option. Look at subaru.com it says just a 140watt 6speaker 6disk changer. no additional 120watt sub (yipee, lol. thats pretty crappy).
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 05-04-2005 at 08:52 PM.

Damn you're right DownXShift. Swore I saw it online too. Too bad, LoL, because the only reason I opted for the sport package was for that damn woofy. JK!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.