Best front speakers?

This is a discussion on Best front speakers? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; What are the best front speakers for our WRX's? Brand? Part #? I already have a nice sub. I'm looking ...

Best front speakers?

What are the best front speakers for our WRX's? Brand? Part #?
    I already have a nice sub. I'm looking for good highs and mid sounds.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depends on your price range.

Mb quarts, diamond audio are nice,
    2005 PSM WRX

MB quart went down still a good speaker but they teamed up with Rockford fosgate.

Arc Audio, rainbow audio, Focal, morel and genesis. Arc audio is not expensive can be.

EJS
    I have diamond audio 6.5's. had them in my other car and now im gonna put them in the wrx. hopefully this weekend. They are very nice speakers... im going to buy a set of diamond 5.25s for the back doors pretty soon
    WRX owner as of April 7, 2005. And I sure am happy.

http://www.hondasociety.net/pics/DSC03464.JPG

I like the infinity Kappas. Crisp sounding and not too hard on the wallet.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

For a good set up you'll need to install spacers and possibly trim the interior of your door panels of plastic that sticks out and vibrates. I have MB Quarts and had to fabricate 3/4 inch spacers plus trim the interior of the door panel.

Quote Originally Posted by triguy
    For a good set up you'll need to install spacers and possibly trim the interior of your door panels of plastic that sticks out and vibrates. I have MB Quarts and had to fabricate 3/4 inch spacers plus trim the interior of the door panel.
    I have an STi with MB Quarts and I had to have the same thing done. I had my install done for me because I needed a head unit and all the wiring run for a subwoofer, and I didn't feel like doing it myself. My speakers rattled at first until I brought it back. They already trimmed the back of the panel and put in spacers, but when I brought it back they had to pack it pretty good with dynamat.

I don't remember the part number, but they're MB Quart component speakers up front, MB Quart coaxial in the back, and a JL Audio 10' sub in the trunk. I'm a rocker and don't need thumping bass, so this setup is perfect for me. I got the MB Quarts before they teamed with R-F.