engine bay cleaning

This is a discussion on engine bay cleaning within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys. first of all sorry if this is in the wrong forum BUT.. i need to clean my engine ...

engine bay cleaning

hey guys. first of all sorry if this is in the wrong forum

BUT..

i need to clean my engine bay. i've noticed that it is getting grimier and grimier. one of my friends with a black bugeye recommended getting it steam cleaned, but he also said that it doesn't completely get everything off and he's still living with a moderately dirty engine bay. so:

what's a good/effective substance to clean my engine bay with? i need something that'll safely get the grime off and get it back to a nice shine. someone else recommended windex; is this okay/effective?
    thanks in advance~
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

simple green, air compressor if you have it, tooth brush, old rags, elbow greese, then put a protectant or something on it, i use poorboys natural look. I am going to be getting CD2 engine detailer, some of the guys on autopia rave about the stuff.

you can also use a hose if you are careful and wrap air filter/ electronics.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927 View Post
    simple green, air compressor if you have it, tooth brush, old rags, elbow greese, then put a protectant or something on it, i use poorboys natural look. I am going to be getting CD2 engine detailer, some of the guys on autopia rave about the stuff.

you can also use a hose if you are careful and wrap air filter/ electronics.
    +1 on Simple Green. I use a hose without any wire wrapping - not a single problem doing this in over 15 years.

Hey Tyler - long time no read!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics