Might start doing this for money... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Might start doing this for money... within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Tip: Keep it under the table. Taxes slim profit margins....

Tip: Keep it under the table. Taxes slim profit margins.
    ~Selah

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927 View Post
    I always get a lot of people asking me if I detail other people's cars after they look at mine, and if I'd do theirs. So, I've been playing around with the idea of starting my own little detail business at home.

Any thoughts/tips/advice?
    I say go for it if you have the opportunity. Just be sure to factor in the cost of the supplies you will be using in the price so you don't lose any money.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Whether you do this full time or part time, if you are good at it you should make some decent money if your prices are right. Doing it at home is a lot better than actually having a shop (no overhead at home.) Basically you just have to keep stocked up on products. Im a manager for a detail shop here in Delaware and i also do some side detailing at home on my days off. I make more money doing a 4 hour full detail or 1 compounding or polishing job than i do one 9 hour day at work. I dont always have work on my days off nor do i always want it, but its a good "part time job." For those wondering why i dont open up my own shop... it isnt cheap and it isnt easy... i work side by side with the owner of the shop i work for and i see all the crap and bills he has to deal with and NO THANKS! lol!

I say go for it! Its better than working at Best Buy part time. Know what i mean?! lol

Willie
    Snitches get stitches!

Ha...I work at best buy too

How much are you planning and for which specific services Redline?

I Support ClubWRX
    How did I miss this thread?

Go for it.

What you find fun on your car may well turn into work (less than fun) on others.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Banned
    How much you charge i live in NJ and would be willing to try you out, not in that special way either like MIkie wants to

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    How did I miss this thread?

Go for it.

What you find fun on your car may well turn into work (less than fun) on others.
    Was pretty serious about doing it this past summer, had business cards made and everything haha.

Never got around to really doing it though since my other job got in the way and i didnt want to risk quitting it for this just yet. Now im at school, so I might try it in the spring when I get out.

wanna give my ride your special treatment inside and out?
    '02 Stage II WRX PSM Sport Wagon

...and one more thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end.- Homer Simpson

Teh Wagon

go for it
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.