Window cleaner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window cleaner within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT Inside and out? You dont get the bad streaks that kill your vision at night when ...

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Inside and out? You dont get the bad streaks that kill your vision at night when lights blur in it?
    I do often but thats because i don't clean them often, whenever i freshly clean them they are good for a while. But they do still go back to terrible at night, i only do inside, outside i use my rainx car wash
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I use stoners invisible glass with a microfiber towel and they come out pretty damn good.

1:4 Vinegar:Water or just use water. Also, as said above, don't clean windows in direct sunlight, you will lose every time.
    "A man that buys a Corvette has a mid-life crisis, but a man that buys a Lambourghini has NO crisis." -Rev Run

i use Gunk's window cleaner and a paper towel....comes in a foaming can, seems to work pretty well.
    --== Hawkeye Alliance Member #096 ==--

2007 OBP STi
    Shorty Shifter, Boost Gauge

I Support ClubWRX
    I am going to try Stoners with a micro fiber.

It seems I can never have enough micro fibers laying around.

I use 2 for when I wax (one to white up the residue and then I go over the car once again with another to make sure I didnt miss any)

2 to dry the car (I have a water blade but use the microfiber to get the door handles and other odd places.

2 for the interior (one to apply and one to dry).

I need to find a bulk supplier.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Stoners FTW. My professional detailing friend introduced it to me. Amazing stuff...you basically can't get it wrong when using.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I hate stoners. I bought some and applied, and the bottle broke and poured all over my carpet. Plus it was all streaky. Jackarses. I've been using Eagle1 very happily since then.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Stoners hands down.

I recently had to clean an accumulation of dried bugs in full midday sun. Stoners did it very well without a single streak. I also use Rain-X regularly - this makes it even easier to keep exterior glass clean.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid View Post
    I hate stoners. I bought some and applied, and the bottle broke and poured all over my carpet. Plus it was all streaky. Jackarses. I've been using Eagle1 very happily since then.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

sounds like operator error

I've used eagle on before that works pretty good, the local autozone never seems to have it anymore though.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

When I got my tint put in they told me not to windex the tint because it will eventually cause it to flake.

Coffee filters work wonders on windows as well, if you don't want to spend $3 on a microfiber towel.
    "A man that buys a Corvette has a mid-life crisis, but a man that buys a Lambourghini has NO crisis." -Rev Run

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post

So what's the secret? Stoner? Something else?
    I don't use ANY liquids on my windows at all, I always kmeep a pack of fresh razor blades, and I detail all the windows (not the rear) with a fresh razor blade. You can't get any clearer more perfect windows then doing it with a blade flat against the glass. It removes everything from dust, to sticky juice glue soda etc. When you're done, wipe the glass off to remove any loseneed up particles which didn't fall down and you'll think you bought new windows.

It takes some getting used to, but thats how I roll.
    5-23-07 06' WRB STi

I Support ClubWRX
    that is real funny considering Stoners comes in a can and not a bottle. And you'll be happy to know that most detailers prefer this over Eagle1 any day of the week. You obviously have not used Stoners as it is impossible to get streaks with it...you can literally spray it on and let it dry without streaks if you wanted. Donkey
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Drive_STIck View Post
    I don't use ANY liquids on my windows at all, I always kmeep a pack of fresh razor blades, and I detail all the windows (not the rear) with a fresh razor blade. You can't get any clearer more perfect windows then doing it with a blade flat against the glass. It removes everything from dust, to sticky juice glue soda etc. When you're done, wipe the glass off to remove any loseneed up particles which didn't fall down and you'll think you bought new windows.

It takes some getting used to, but thats how I roll.
    Sounds tint friendly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.