Clay/Wax question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Clay/Wax question within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by H.Tx My car is almost a year old, it has never been clayed or waxed. I know ...

Quote Originally Posted by H.Tx View Post
    My car is almost a year old, it has never been clayed or waxed. I know this is probably heresy to most of you on this section of the forum but o well. I plan on claying it and waxing it sometime soon though so there is some hope.

What kind of clay/wax should I use and can it be bought at like Autozone?

Do I need a buffer to apply the wax or can I just use elbow grease (I currently have no swirls or anything conducive of needing a good wax)?

Anything else I should know?
    i used the mothers california gold claybar system from kmart for 18.00. It worked awesome; took 2 hrs since it was my first time doing it, but my car has never felt so smooth. It only has 3500 miles on it, it's an 07, but it wasn't the best detail job from the dealer.

I attached some pics, they aren't the greatest pics,b ut you can tell that the surface is beautifully reflective after the claybar/wax. hope this helps
    Last edited by fenderwrx; 07-10-2007 at 04:29 PM.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Was thinkign about doing it this weekend but i dunno how the weather is gonna hold out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12