rock chips, now signs of rust

This is a discussion on rock chips, now signs of rust within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just noticed i have 2 small chips below my rear door on the fender. i can see a little ...

rock chips, now signs of rust

i just noticed i have 2 small chips below my rear door on the fender. i can see a little brown spot that fills it. its starting to rust! my car is a 06, stupid subaru paint any suggestinos on what i can do to fix this? sorry i dont have pics, ill try to get some up later.

thanks,

-nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

all you can do is sand away the rusted area and primer it... or just do nothing and keep driving it. (as most Subaru owners do)

I Support ClubWRX
    You could clean out the small area, scrape the rust away, and put some touchup paint, then wax on it. Just an idea that would be easier than ripping apart an entire panel.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    You could clean out the small area, scrape the rust away, and put some touchup paint, then wax on it. Just an idea that would be easier than ripping apart an entire panel.
    This is the route I would take.

so i would sand away the rusted area and just use touchup paint? i dont have to primer it or anything i guess right. any specific grain of sandpaper i should use? and how would i be able to sand this tiny spot, is there a special tool or something?

thanks,

-nick

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I spent quite sometime touching up a couple of small spots like that. The following spring (a year later) the rust returned.

Rust never sleeps.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

what tools did you use to do it?

anyon eknow?