How do i get swirl marks out ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on How do i get swirl marks out ? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 06 OBP STI and the person before me took it through car washes so there are swirl ...

How do i get swirl marks out ?

I have an 06 OBP STI and the person before me took it through car washes so there are swirl marks all over. How do i get these out ?? and also what wax do you guys use and is a shammy okay to dry the car after washing it ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The suabru OBP paint is very prone to swirls I'm pretty hardcore about detailing and I never even got it swirl free, but they can be decreased.

I use Griots Fine Hand polish, Meguiars NXT and griots carnuba wax together. For drying I use griots micro fibre drying towels.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

You need to polish them out.

Most likely with a buffer.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/

or

Autopia.org

There are tons of how-to's and tips on both of those forums. hope that helps.
    Last edited by Redline927; 01-29-2007 at 08:44 AM.

If you have a pc, I have had great results using optimum polish on subarus. You can find pc's for 120 shipped online, thats the cheapest I've found. I'd have to dig up the co. if you're interested. W/ that said, I would polish, then glaze w/ clearkote red moose glaze, then top it off carnuba moose wax or nattys paste wax.

black paint+removing swirls= ...youll never completely get rid of them, you can reduce them and give your car a brilliant shine, but you still have them....best advice is that, and get used to it
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

I Support ClubWRX
    With a buffer use this stuff Meguiars swirl remover and the polish.

1st pic

With no buffer I have had tons of success with Turtle wax f21 nano polish and its cheap.

2nd pic

I have a buffer and use it all the time, but you can only buff a car so many times before you break through the clear coat. Plus if you are inexpierienced be careful.

I would recommend meguiars clay bar your car and then follow with the F21. Youll get the marks out. Make sure to use brand new terry towels or micro fiber when doing this (I use both)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B0002JMOB2.01-ADG953YR6NRBF._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg   turtle.jpg  
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 02-01-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02 View Post
    black paint+removing swirls= ...youll never completely get rid of them, you can reduce them and give your car a brilliant shine, but you still have them....best advice is that, and get used to it
    ahh, yea you can. It takes patience, knowledge and proper product selection, but you can definitely get rid of all the swirls. WIll they come back, yea. But you can certainly remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
    ahh, yea you can. It takes patience, knowledge and proper product selection, but you can definitely get rid of all the swirls. WIll they come back, yea. But you can certainly remove them.
    +1

It's not all black cars either. Subie paint is bad but other black cars are much much easier to keep swirl free.
    FORZA FERRARI

have you guys ever heard of www.rightlook.com cleaning products

Quote Originally Posted by boostedsti06 View Post
    have you guys ever heard of www.rightlook.com cleaning products
    I've never heard of it. The lemon scented "clay lubricant" struck me as odd. They also had seems to have alot of brushes for painted body surfaces which seems like a big non no to me.

Theres lots of good companus out there. Personally I like Griots stuff the best and meguiars for some of the less exotic simple stuff like metal polish.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 02-01-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

just research it. you can find sooooo many threads about swirls because subaru paint is crap. everyone is biased. you'll find a lot of underground products that work great.
    Catch Me If You Can

I like to use the industry standard 3M Rubbing Compound followed by 3M Polishing Compound.

By hand or with variable speed buffer.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02radioflyer View Post
    I like to use the industry standard 3M Rubbing Compound followed by 3M Polishing Compound.

By hand or with variable speed buffer.
    They make a lot of different lines. Are you talking about the "Perfect It" line?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    They make a lot of different lines. Are you talking about the "Perfect It" line?
    Yeah that's the stuff...my bad. Those are the one Ive had to use at past employers. Never lets you down...ever.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02radioflyer View Post
    Yeah that's the stuff...my bad. Those are the one Ive had to use at past employers. Never lets you down...ever.
    Yeah its good stuff Ive used it a lot too.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast