I HATE it when... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I HATE it when... within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 21.) There happens to be contruction on the road your on, and whadaya know, theyre laying down fresh tar. (Ive ...

21.) There happens to be contruction on the road your on, and whadaya know, theyre laying down fresh tar. (Ive actually stopped in the middle of the road with cars behind me and made an illegal U turn to avoid this.)

22.) (Autumn usually) Thousands of leaves blow across the road, and you just know several of them must have gotten caught in your grill/scoop.
    Last edited by Redline927; 12-23-2006 at 08:44 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol @ all of these, they're unfortunately very true

I have to add these tiny bur things that are falling off the tree during the winter months. They dont bother the cars too much, but get caught in the mf towels and ruin the towels b/c they just will NOT let go.

If you detail outside, around trees during these months, you'll know what i mean hopefully

I'll second the birds, and add a funny story.

Finals this past semester and I was very stressed so I washed and waxed my car, and did a spectacular job, the car felt and looked brand new to me. Go to take my final the next day, park in a spot where no on can park next to me, but I'm under a tree (big mistake). Some migratory birds who must've just eaten taco bell and white castle pooped everywhere on my car while I was taking my final. I came out and saw my car covered with every color of bird poo imaginable, some was even purple and red. The guys I live with all laughed so hard because they said they had never seen that much bridpoo on a car!

...and they repaved the road right in front of our house a few months ago...everytime I was the car I am still scraping little chunks of tar off.

22. Whatever kind of tree it is in my back yard that, every season but winter, continually drops leaves that ooze sap out of their stems onto my paint which then hardens into amber within a few hours. I had to claybar at least 8 times this year.
    ~Selah

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927 View Post
    21.) There happens to be contruction on the road your on, and whadaya know, theyre laying down fresh tar. (Ive actually stopped in the middle of the road with cars behind me and made an illegal U turn to avoid this.)

22.) (Autumn usually) Thousands of leaves blow across the road, and you just know several of them must have gotten caught in your grill/scoop.
    A tar turn around? I too have done this. I work in a semi-rural area where some of the roads are subject to "oil and pebble" paving. This means tar and fine gravel. PENNDOT at its finest.

Leaves? I cannot avoid this on my suburban / rural commutes. At least it washes off easily.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

23) You drop your claybar/wash mit/ drying towel/ applicator pad/ microfiber/ pc pad/ etc. (worst is definitely the claybar, theyre not cheap and once they hit the ground, theyre done! At least the other stuff can be washed, just kills your time if you dont have extras)

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    22. Whatever kind of tree it is in my back yard that, every season but winter, continually drops leaves that ooze sap out of their stems onto my paint which then hardens into amber within a few hours. I had to claybar at least 8 times this year.

+1
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1 View Post
    Door dings make me so angry.
    +100000000
    I swear if I get another door ding....
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

all humans on the road keeping me from driving how/where/and in the time frame I want.

all other lifeforms are ok though.

Quote Originally Posted by sigurd View Post
    all humans on the road keeping me from driving how/where/and in the time frame I want.

all other lifeforms are ok though.
    lol yeah, but detailing related please.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927 View Post
    23) You drop your claybar/wash mit/ drying towel/ applicator pad/ microfiber/ pc pad/ etc. (worst is definitely the claybar, theyre not cheap and once they hit the ground, theyre done! At least the other stuff can be washed, just kills your time if you dont have extras)
    I dropped a bar once and was able to pick off any debris (removing the clay from the surrounding area too). I continued on with no noticeable issues.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

24) I hate how my car gets dusty even though its 1. garaged, 2. not drivin alot, 3. covered.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    24) I hate how my car gets dusty even though its 1. garaged, 2. not drivin alot, 3. covered.
    Just get a really big one of these:

Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    I dropped a bar once and was able to pick off any debris (removing the clay from the surrounding area too). I continued on with no noticeable issues.
    yeah, I cheated once and just noted how it fell, and ripped off the entire chunk that hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Just get a really big one of these:

They have those giant bubbles you can put cars in and it filters the air going in. I think they also make ones you can fill with an inert gas.

FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast