Spots on the paint - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Spots on the paint within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; finger nail it while washing...

finger nail it while washing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R
    finger nail it while washing

FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R
    who ever told you that white has no clear on it needs to go to school .

I can't recall the exact thread it was stated in, but it was one of the recent ones where someone was lamenting the crappy paint. Apparently since red and white are solid colors and not metallic or pearl they are single stage which saves Subaru time and money. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to know this is the case, though I would love to know the white has a clear coat (since I have a white WRX).

In regard to the original topic, a wash, clay bar, followed by a quick detailer spray and wipe down should take care of the spots, and make it less likely for future spots to "set in", as long as a quick detailer is used weekly. That's what I do, and it has pretty much relieved me of lengthy and aggravating car washes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNG
    I can't recall the exact thread it was stated in, but it was one of the recent ones where someone was lamenting the crappy paint. Apparently since red and white are solid colors and not metallic or pearl they are single stage which saves Subaru time and money. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to know this is the case, though I would love to know the white has a clear coat (since I have a white WRX).

There is something different about the red I remeber Downshift saying but I don't remeber what. I don't think its single stage though.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Stupid question but you did wash it first after you saw the spots right?

I only ask because its bad to leave it sitting on there if it is some kind of contaminent and could stuck on there worse.
    ya i washed it the next day, im going outside to take a picture of the spots right now...then ill post them
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

k ive attached an upclose pic and a zoomed out version...these spots are so annyoing..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spots1.jpg   spots2.jpg  
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

looks like polen with water etching. I had something similar when I was in high school and the janoitors decided to hose the pool deck off onto my car. I'll be suprised if claybar and then a polish doesn't get rid of it.
    FORZA FERRARI

ok ill clay bar it next friday. thanks man
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

im not sure if a claybar will do the trick in this case. Can you feel the buildup if you slowly and gently rub the back of your hand over it? try it anyway, if it doesnt work, a polish should def take care of it. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    try it anyway, if it doesnt work, a polish should def take care of it. good luck.
    agreed +10
    FORZA FERRARI

cal, i took my car to my dealership. they do auto detailing and detailed the whole exterior. they came in to tell me that regular buffing did not take the spots out. they had to charge me more to use compound. looks good as new! thanks for ur help man
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.