What Stuff To Get??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What Stuff To Get?? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone. I need to know where and what to buy for all around car detailing. I don't have any ...

What Stuff To Get??

Hey everyone. I need to know where and what to buy for all around car detailing. I don't have any supplies and I'm looking to just place one order online for all my detailing products. But I don't really know what I need. I've never detailed a car before, so far I clean my wrx by taking it down to one of those do it yourself car washes. Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Everything ya need, right here: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Depends how involved you want to be in it.
    I am a fan of Klasse products.
    I've been happy with Klasse All in One and Klasse Sealant Glaze and then using a carnauba (S100) on top. Of course this is much easier when you have a random orbit polisher.

Quote Originally Posted by AdotOdot4
    Depends how involved you want to be in it.
    I am a fan of Klasse products.
    I've been happy with Klasse All in One and Klasse Sealant Glaze and then using a carnauba (S100) on top. Of course this is much easier when you have a random orbit polisher.
    + 1

depends on the person. there are so many things to get. i go with 3m fine cut, optimum polish, (those 2 steps for paint correction and swirl removal) then clearkote moose gloss, poorboys nattys blue paste wax then poorboys ex+ sealant. thats every 3 months. i use swissol samuri everymonth
    you crasee men

My list of stuff

1. Meguiars NXT soap
    2.Meguiars NXT wax
    3. Meguiars Scratch X
    4.Meguiars NXT metal polish
    5. Meguiars Hot rims
    6. Meguairs microfibre towels
    7. Meguiars watermagnet towels
    8.Eagle One Window cleaner
    9. Homemade Windex/water 50/50 soloution
    10.Griots Fine hand Polish
    11. Griots Window polish
    12. Griots Carnuba Wax
    13. Griots Vinyl and Rubber dressing
    14. Griots Claybar
    15. Mr. Clean sprayer w/filter (DON'T use mr.clean soap)
    16. Meguiars Plastic Polish
    17.Meguiars Placstic Cleaner (#16 and #17 will fix scratches on dvd's too)
    18. a dozen or so cloth diapers
    19.Griots speedshine
    20. Meguairs Duster
    21. Simple Green

I think thats it. I get all the meguiars stuff from meguiars.com all the griots stuff from griotsgarage.com and everythingelse from auotozone or target. Sometimes you can find some of the meguiars stuff at autozone type places but usually not. Some of it is probably a little excessive, I spend my money on detailing stuff rather than mods.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 09-24-2006 at 02:50 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I've used just about every product there is, everyone has there own systems and opions but by far the best stuff I have ever used is ARDEX. They make everything you would ever need to professionaly detail a car. Check out the website to see if there is a dealer near you http://www.ardexlabs.com/ I have found that their products are VERY reasonably priced. You cant order it on-line though....If you can find it Give it a try!!

zaino is the way to go. trust me i tried almost all the mainstream products and privite label products and zaino has been my favorite.
    The Supplies Thread

ClubWRX.net Vendor JnJassociates's Avatar
    We have tried many products and have found a few that offer good bang for the buck.

Shining Monkey products work very well. Very easy to use and works well on dark colored cars, like the Scooby Red and Black.

A good paint protectant that we use is RejeX. Goes on and comes off easy.

To protect plastic and rubber, nothing is better then 303 Protectant. It offers long lasting protection without the cheesy, slick, gooey shine. It will not harm painted items.

We are almost done testing Lusso products. Lusso is used by Callaway and Beverly Hills Ferrari among other dealers/shops.

It seems to be a VERY high quality wax...It smells awesome and very little is needed to do a car...

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63 View Post
    Everything ya need, right here: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html
    wow...awsome site...helped me alot
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

go to autogeek.net and link to car care. i use P21S products. i hear that Pinnacle is top of the line also.

Quote Originally Posted by brentvelo View Post
    go to autogeek.net and link to car care. i use P21S products. i hear that Pinnacle is top of the line also.
    fwiw, s100 is rebadged p21s and at a fraction of the cost

Ice by turdle wax is a great product as well, turdle wax has been around for a long time so i trust them the most.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.