More reviews by teh Cavallino
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on More reviews by teh Cavallino within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I spent some time detailing the Z today and I used some new griots products so I though ...

More reviews by teh Cavallino

Ok so I spent some time detailing the Z today and I used some new griots products so I though I'd post a review.

1. Griots fine hand polish- This is by far the best wax/polish I've ever used. It's really easy to use and really gets rid of swirls and fine scratches. Definitely 5/5.

2. Griots Vinyl and rubber dressing- This is supposed to be a safe rubber dressing fro dashes, tires etc, basically anything rubber plastic or vinyl. The nice thing about is that you can "adjust" how much shine you want. If you want it to be real shiny you let it dry. If you don't want it to be shiny you wipe it off right away. Either way it still provide uv proctection etc. it is safe for all plastics and contains no petroleum distillates (sp?). The only rel downside to it is it smells like cream cheese but the semll quickly disipates. Overall I think its pretty good but I haven't tried a whole lot of dressings. I give it a 4/5.

3. Griots Claybar- nothing to special here just your basic clay. The good part is that you get alot of clay for $20 and it seemed to glide a little smoother than other clays.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have you used Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax and Polish? (i use them) How does this Griot Polish compare?
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I've used the NXT wax. It removes scratches/swirls better.

I used both the griots and the nxt wax together.

The griots polish has a heavier abrasive its not something you'd want to use very often maybe a once or twice a years type of thing.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 07-23-2006 at 05:42 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Did your brand new Z really need that much work?
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    Did your brand new Z really need that much work?
    Unfortunately it did. It had been sitting on the lot for about 5 months so it was pretty messy.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Unfortunately it did. It had been sitting on the lot for about 5 months so it was pretty messy.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    yeah thats what I though too but it was the only black z available(and it did only have 10 miles on it) and they took $100 off the price, not much, but it more than pays for a good cleaing. The dealer was really sorry about it (evidently black Z's don't sell well).
    Last edited by cavallino333; 07-23-2006 at 06:42 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

havent been on this forum in a long time, thought id pop in and say hello and....TITTYWOP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    havent been on this forum in a long time, thought id pop in and say hello and....TITTYWOP!!!
    Where ya been?

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    Theres some pics in this thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...hlight=trading
    Last edited by cavallino333; 07-24-2006 at 10:22 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.