Consumer Reports Wax Test.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Consumer Reports Wax Test. within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone have this copy of Consumer Reports? Can anyone post the results? click...

Consumer Reports Wax Test.

Does anyone have this copy of Consumer Reports? Can anyone post the results?

click
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Does anyone have this copy of Consumer Reports? Can anyone post the results?

click
    Check your e-mail.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

From what I remember, Meguiar's NXT wax is middling.
    -Bruce

Did they compare/include sealants like Klasse or Zaino?

someone post the results
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    someone post the results
    +1
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Here it is!! Benefit from my subscription!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails car wax.jpg  

I've heard good things about black majic.

Personally I like griots stuff the best and it rated low on there so I don't know.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I just claybarred and waxed with the Black Magic. We'll see how well it holds up. So far I'm at least satisfied.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I bought some Black Magic liquid wax based on this report. Maybe it was too humid, but even though I used the least possible amount for full coverage, it WOULD NOT COME OFF!

I went through my normal routine: wash, blade, microfiber dry (I clayed and polished before last week's wax), and I applied the wax. Usually when I get done applying, I can start removing on the first panel. It didn't work this time. I had to use three different towels on each panel - when I got the initial haze off, there was this greasy residue left behind, like someone sprayed Armor-All on the paint.

All of it eventually came off, but it took forever. The shine is good, but not worth the effort. Like I said, maybe I got a bad bottle or applied it in poor conditions (in garage, pretty humid), but I've never had as much trouble waxing a car in my life (and I do it as a part-time job).
    2006 WRX TR -CGM
    Waiting for mods until my wife forgets I have a warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares?
    I bought some Black Magic liquid wax based on this report. Maybe it was too humid, but even though I used the least possible amount for full coverage, it WOULD NOT COME OFF!

I went through my normal routine: wash, blade, microfiber dry (I clayed and polished before last week's wax), and I applied the wax. Usually when I get done applying, I can start removing on the first panel. It didn't work this time. I had to use three different towels on each panel - when I got the initial haze off, there was this greasy residue left behind, like someone sprayed Armor-All on the paint.

All of it eventually came off, but it took forever. The shine is good, but not worth the effort. Like I said, maybe I got a bad bottle or applied it in poor conditions (in garage, pretty humid), but I've never had as much trouble waxing a car in my life (and I do it as a part-time job).
    nope had the same experience bought a bottle and it took forever to get off, just would not come off
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

The only way to go....Zaino

Seriously, anyone interested in serious shine needs to check out Zaino. Sal (owner) is a nice guy from my home town. He has built a little empire without any major marketing support or through Retail stores. The only advertising the guy does is by word of mouth. In my opinion, that says something about his quality. I've used it on all my cars and plan on using it on my brand spanking new STI after one month (heard you should let the paint on new cars age one month prior to waxing). Anyway, spend the money, wait the few days it takes to have it shipped to you and you will never look back.

I dont know what they were on, but I want some.

These waxes beat Black Magic x's 1032325235

Poorboys Nattys
    Poorboys " Blue
    Pinnacle Souveran
    FK1 Pink Wax

Quote Originally Posted by FaSTI
    Seriously, anyone interested in serious shine needs to check out Zaino. Sal (owner) is a nice guy from my home town. He has built a little empire without any major marketing support or through Retail stores. The only advertising the guy does is by word of mouth. In my opinion, that says something about his quality. I've used it on all my cars and plan on using it on my brand spanking new STI after one month (heard you should let the paint on new cars age one month prior to waxing). Anyway, spend the money, wait the few days it takes to have it shipped to you and you will never look back.
    +1 for zaino, im a zaino nut ever since i found it =)

It took a LONG time to get Black Magic off, but I KNOW it was too cold to apply. I started late and went into the evening...so I thought it was my fault. Even left some spots on the car I had to wipe the next day because I couldn't see them. But man, it DOES look great.

Next time, I'm going to buy a random-orbital buffer to wipe the wax.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast