Microfiber question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Microfiber question within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This may just be me being anal but everytime I wash my microfiber towels all kinds of hair, lint, and ...

Microfiber question

This may just be me being anal but everytime I wash my microfiber towels all kinds of hair, lint, and other debri that comes off clothes gets caught in them and tangled and I either have to sit there for 30 minutes and try to pick it all off (and im still paranoid using it after that) or buy new ones. Anyone else have this problem?
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamnRex
    This may just be me being anal but everytime I wash my microfiber towels all kinds of hair, lint, and other debri that comes off clothes gets caught in them and tangled and I either have to sit there for 30 minutes and try to pick it all off (and im still paranoid using it after that) or buy new ones. Anyone else have this problem?
    Whenever I wash my car towels I wash them seperate from other clothing items and bathroom towels. Also, it's better not to use fabric softener when drying them.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    Whenever I wash my car towels I wash them seperate from other clothing items and bathroom towels. Also, it's better not to use fabric softener when drying them.
    Alright, I'll give that a shot next time and see what happens.

Definitely do not use fabric softener when you wash microfiber towels. Also, do not use dryer sheets. I always wash my car towels by themselves, and use very little detergent and warm water and dry on low.

Yup... wash them all separate; don't use softener; try adding a bit of vinegar. I also like to use car towel wash instead of normal detergent.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousDX
    I also like to use car towel wash instead of normal detergent.
    Whaaa? I didnt know there was such a thing! Where do you get it at?

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamnRex
    Whaaa? I didnt know there was such a thing! Where do you get it at?
    For example:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-550.html

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousDX
    Yup... wash them all separate; don't use softener; try adding a bit of vinegar. I also like to use car towel wash instead of normal detergent.
    What would vinegar do?

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by WRX88
    What would vinegar do?
    yes, i would like to know the answer to that too. I thought you might be joking
    NASCAR Technical Institue graduate - technician looking for a better technician job. More in high performance , currently a Chrysler tech....

also, does that clay bar work real well?? I would think that it would be abrasive.
    NASCAR Technical Institue graduate - technician looking for a better technician job. More in high performance , currently a Chrysler tech....

Clay Bar rocks! All I want to do is touch the paint after I am done, its sooo smooth. Take most of the crap off the paint and leaves the surface nice and smooth. As long as you don't drop it in the drive way or something like that it will not scratch the paint. I always wash the car twice with dishwashing soap before starting the process, the cleaner the car the better.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.