Way to remove small white scrape from paint?

This is a discussion on Way to remove small white scrape from paint? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well the other weekend someone who for anger issues I'll refuse to name attempted to enter my vehicle with a ...

I Support ClubWRX

Way to remove small white scrape from paint?

Well the other weekend someone who for anger issues I'll refuse to name attempted to enter my vehicle with a golf size umbrella. It turns out the wind caught said umbrella and one of the ends touched the passenger side rear window. At first the only thing I could think of was the scracthes that I'd see next time I washed the car, but after a quick look I didnt see anything.

It has been raining ever since then (stupid MD weather) but today the sun came out for 30 mins. So I go and look for any further damage. I find a small scratch on the passenger side front door, under the door handle. After thinking of the point of impact from the umbrella to the pass. rear window, I highly doubt that the umbrella caused this mark due to it's location.

However I do want to get the mark off of the paint if possible. I took my finger to the mark and gentle rubbed it. It appeared most of it rubbed off. What would be your next suggestion? Do you think some wax might buff it out after a wash? Or should I just wait another month until I polish the car? The car did have a recent coat of wax on it (under a week old) so I know the scrape is recent. It didnt appear to be below the paint or anything as I couldnt feel anything but smoothness when I ran my finger over it. Will this be a scratch that will always be there or does anyone have any secerts at removing them. Thanks
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Well the other weekend someone who for anger issues I'll refuse to name attempted to enter my vehicle with a golf size umbrella. It turns out the wind caught said umbrella and one of the ends touched the passenger side rear window. At first the only thing I could think of was the scracthes that I'd see next time I washed the car, but after a quick look I didnt see anything.

It has been raining ever since then (stupid MD weather) but today the sun came out for 30 mins. So I go and look for any further damage. I find a small scratch on the passenger side front door, under the door handle. After thinking of the point of impact from the umbrella to the pass. rear window, I highly doubt that the umbrella caused this mark due to it's location.

However I do want to get the mark off of the paint if possible. I took my finger to the mark and gentle rubbed it. It appeared most of it rubbed off. What would be your next suggestion? Do you think some wax might buff it out after a wash? Or should I just wait another month until I polish the car? The car did have a recent coat of wax on it (under a week old) so I know the scrape is recent. It didnt appear to be below the paint or anything as I couldnt feel anything but smoothness when I ran my finger over it. Will this be a scratch that will always be there or does anyone have any secerts at removing them. Thanks
    If you can't feel it, I would suggest a wash and wax with some elbow grease and that thing should buff right out.
    Car-less

Sand paper. 16 grit.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    Sand paper. 16 grit.
    Your kidding....I hope

Mother's Scratch Remover will do the trick or Mequiars. Both are amazing. Afterwards, apply a coat of wax.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    Mother's Scratch Remover will do the trick or Mequiars. Both are amazing. Afterwards, apply a coat of wax.
    I have used the Mother's. Good stuff.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Your kidding....I hope
    You didn't try it... I hope.

I Support ClubWRX
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    I now have a 4x6 inch clear down to the metal surface area thanks to that post....from now on before doing anything on this board I will double check with nasioc. Does anyone think he is legally liabile for passing on bad info?

And for anyone who thinks I am serious.....I havent lost my common sense yet...

I now have a 4x6 inch clear down to the metal surface area thanks to that post....
    Now for the next step, matching your car's paint with a can from Lowe's and using a roller-sponge to apply it...

I Support ClubWRX
    Try getting it out with wax by hand. If you can't, try 3m rubbing compound by hand, and re-wax the area when finished.

yeah i doubt wax will do it----its not abrasive.

compound or polish. try megs scratch-x. dont forget to wax the area afterwards.

Now for the next step, matching your car's paint with a can from Lowe's and using a roller-sponge to apply it...
    +1... if id doesnt work add a soak a towell with brake fluid and leave it overnight.

For stuff like that, Meguiars Scratch-X always worked good for me.....give that a shot.
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

Scratches

I use SafeCut by The Wax Shop. It is marketed as a Swirl and Haze remover but does wonders on small scratches, blemishes.