Washing a car in really hot weather

This is a discussion on Washing a car in really hot weather within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So its been a 105 the last few days here in Campbell, CA and unfortunately my car is getting kind ...

Washing a car in really hot weather

So its been a 105 the last few days here in Campbell, CA and unfortunately my car is getting kind of dirty. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to washing a car in really hot weather? I know if I go out there and try wash it I'll get instant dried water spots as soon as I start to pray it down. I thought I'd wait until it cooled down but its California in the summer so its not exactly going to be cool anytime soon.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

whatever you do, do not wash it in direct sunlight. wait until later in the day, find a shady spot and wash it then. it may still be hot out, but the sun is what gives you problems

you should be fine as long as its out of the sun.

NEVER try to wash in the sun. water droplets act like magnifying glasses on your paint, and will etch water marks into the clearcoat.

try to wash early in the morning or late afternoon, in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by IDAFC21
    whatever you do, do not wash it in direct sunlight. wait until later in the day, find a shady spot and wash it then. it may still be hot out, but the sun is what gives you problems
    ahh beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    you should be fine as long as its out of the sun.

NEVER try to wash in the sun. water droplets act like magnifying glasses on your paint, and will etch water marks into the clearcoat.

try to wash early in the morning or late afternoon, in the shade.

yeah I always wash it in the shade and that usually that works but when its this hot it still seems to dry to quick. Perhaps Ill just have to get up early and do it before it gets real hot. I wish I had a huge garage so I could wash my car inside
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

when it get really really hot, i just keep spraying water, until the metal is cooler. then i wash slow, continually spraying so that the metal stays cool. my 2cents, duno if that's correct way to do it, but that kinda solves your instant-dry-because-it's-too-hot problem