Stupid question I'm sure.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stupid question I'm sure. within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got some quick detailer stuff today from the store. I havent used anything on the wrx other then ...

I Support ClubWRX

Stupid question I'm sure.

I just got some quick detailer stuff today from the store. I havent used anything on the wrx other then Meq. Nxt generation wash and wax. I could not find any NXT quick detailer spray, so I bought some Eagle One Ice Quick Detailer. Before I wash/quick detail the car tomorrow I wanted to make sure the Ice wouldnt cause any issues with the NXT wax (Does this sound crazy).

I just waxed the car last week, and I just need a product to keep the wax like shine inbetween waxes. Has anyone used this "Ice" stuff before?

I bought my wrx in Nov. of last year, and have only washed/waxed it. I am thinking next time the car needs to be waxed (probaly a month or so from now) that I might try to wash/polish/wax it for the first time (first time using polish). Can anyone recommend a good polish that's easy to use for a first timer.

I also feel that I need to use some bug/tar remover on the front end sometimes. I am a little nervous when it comes to this also. Any recommandations? I've been reading up on Autopia.com and have learned a little bit, but i'm wondering what you guys use.

Lastly I am in the market for a good leather cleaner/conditioner. Any ideas?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

theres no shine like mothers...mothers clay bar, cleaner wax, two coats polish, and two coats wax=

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I just got some quick detailer stuff today from the store. I havent used anything on the wrx other then Meq. Nxt generation wash and wax. I could not find any NXT quick detailer spray, so I bought some Eagle One Ice Quick Detailer. Before I wash/quick detail the car tomorrow I wanted to make sure the Ice wouldnt cause any issues with the NXT wax (Does this sound crazy).

I just waxed the car last week, and I just need a product to keep the wax like shine inbetween waxes. Has anyone used this "Ice" stuff before?

I bought my wrx in Nov. of last year, and have only washed/waxed it. I am thinking next time the car needs to be waxed (probaly a month or so from now) that I might try to wash/polish/wax it for the first time (first time using polish). Can anyone recommend a good polish that's easy to use for a first timer.

I also feel that I need to use some bug/tar remover on the front end sometimes. I am a little nervous when it comes to this also. Any recommandations? I've been reading up on Autopia.com and have learned a little bit, but i'm wondering what you guys use.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well thanks for the tips, but I'm really curious about this ICE stuff before I use it. Like I said I put NXT wax on about a week ago and just want to touch it up after a wash. Is this stuff ok to use? THanks

yea that is fine to use in between waxes...

turtlewax ice works great.

1) I am done using megs nxt quick detailer spray...the stuff seems ok until you park the car under light at night time, and you see the tons of streaks it leaves behind (in my case it did )
    2) the QD you got should be fine, try it, you may or may not like it... and theres only one way to find out. (trust me, it wont eat your paint up )
    3) try the meguiars 3 step, youll like it. whatever you try, make sure its NON-ABRASIVE polish for your first time. I doubt youll be wanting to remove any clearcoat, plus youll want to do it by hand.
    4) make sure you rewax after using the bug and tar remover, it strips wax.

Quote Originally Posted by canlogic
    thats not the correct site. its zainostore.com. ive been using zaino, but now im moving on to other stuff, im getting bored with it i guess. it look great, dont get me wrong, but for some reason it doesnt seem to last (or maybe im ocd).

Use the Turtle Wax Ice Polish.....trust me, you wont be dissappointed. The shine is great and application is soo easy. I had a thread on this stuff a while back and everyone seems to like it. Heres the link: Turtle Wax Ice Polish Review wid pics!
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    1) I am done using megs nxt quick detailer spray...the stuff seems ok until you park the car under light at night time, and you see the tons of streaks it leaves behind (in my case it did )

+1 I had that same problem. Its ok for little spots but anything bigger and it just makes a mess. I've switched to Griot's speed shine and it works better.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamnRex
    Use the Turtle Wax Ice Polish.....trust me, you wont be dissappointed. The shine is great and application is soo easy. I had a thread on this stuff a while back and everyone seems to like it. Heres the link: Turtle Wax Ice Polish Review wid pics!
    well, turtle wax ice doesnt have any swirl removing properties or anything, its basically like applying a synthetic wax. I found it extremely difficult to remove too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    I found it extremely difficult to remove too.
    Wow, really? How long did you let it haze for before you rubbed off the excess? Mine was cake to get off...Maybe you applied to much?
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

I try to stay away from Turtle wax stuff.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamnRex
    Wow, really? How long did you let it haze for before you rubbed off the excess? Mine was cake to get off...Maybe you applied to much?
    ive tried it on my car and my brothers, i let it haze for 30 min on mine, about 5 min on his...a b*tch to remove on both accounts. idk, i didnt have good luck with it. it DOES go on like cake though

I Support ClubWRX
    Just a quick update to this thread. I've tried to use this stuff a total of 3 times. The first time (a week after the waxing) it did a great job. The second time I tried it it streaked very badly on the car. I figured I didnt dry the car enough and it had some water mixed with the wax. So today after washing and drying I tried the Eagle One ICE again and made sure it was really dry before applying.

After this incident I stopped at the hood and it was smeared pretty bad. I didnt have time to re-wash the whole car again so now for a week I'm going to have to live with the smearing. The ICE was applied in the shade to a clean car. Clean rags were also used to apply/remove this coat.

I am fairly certain at this point that if you dont have a GOOD coat of wax on the car the ICE is garbage. Of course I have nothing to back this up but my personal experiance. The only differnce from the first application to the second and third was the "newness" of the wax I have applied.

So next week I'm going to wax the car and get rid of the ICE touch up spray detailer crap. It has left me less then impressed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.