Hangin' at the car wash
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hangin' at the car wash within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Let me first say I really like my WRX to look clean. I use the California duster on it every ...

Hangin' at the car wash

Let me first say I really like my WRX to look clean. I use the California duster on it every night before putting the cover on (I have no garage). Occasionally I'll dust it during the day between jobs if I have time and it's really windy.
    The issue for me is that I simply lack the time to properly detail it myself.
    I'm assuming that there are plenty of others who run into the same problem. I work on average, 65-70+ hours a week between two jobs. Occasionally Sunday will be the only one I have off. Throw in laundry, shopping for food, etc. There's just no real time for detailing.
    Now, I do have time to stop by a car wash. So, I figured this thread can be used to point out good and bad places to get your car washed around the country/world if self-detailing isn't always an option.
    I'm in Las Vegas and so far the best place I've seen is Regency Auto Spa, across from UNLV on Maryland Parkway.
    It's a hand vacuum, hand wash that really seems to pay attention to detail (most of the time).
    Even better, every now and then they'll throw in a wash+wax special. For $30 they'll wash your car, wax it and even shampoo your floormats.
    I get very little water spots/drippage out of my seams afterwards and what really caught my eye was that they waxed around and under my side mirrors.
    There were a couple spots they didn't get all the wax off. But they were very minor and I got them off with a soft cloth myself later on. It seems they use a very soft wax and it wasn't difficult to fine-tune the detailing later that night.
    Anyways, they're the best place I've found in Las Vegas so far. Any others?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Worst thign about hand car washes is their supplies. Stuff gets reused, their washing mitts/sponges/towels/whatever get dirt trapped in them and then they proceed to rub them all over your car, causing some nice micromarring (or even obvious marring). I would honestly rather not have the car washed if you can't do it yourself.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.