Love Bug Haters
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Love Bug Haters within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The love bug situation in Central FL is starting to look more intense than years past. It pains me to ...

ODJ

Thumbs down Love Bug Haters

The love bug situation in Central FL is starting to look more intense than years past. It pains me to leave all these little gooey spots on the car (some with little black massacred love bugs still clinging to them), but I know the love bugs will once again hurl themselves against my car in even greater numbers as soon as I get back on the road. I'll just have to keep faith in the healing powers of a good coat of wax underneath all of the carnage, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get them all out of the intercooler.

Do people in other parts of the country have to put up with this winged menace?

If there is any justice in the cosmos, whatever crackpot UF researchers are responsible for this yearly plague should be washing cars until the sun burns out. That is all.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

...yes
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ODJ
    The love bug situation in Central FL is starting to look more intense than years past. It pains me to leave all these little gooey spots on the car (some with little black massacred love bugs still clinging to them), but I know the love bugs will once again hurl themselves against my car in even greater numbers as soon as I get back on the road. I'll just have to keep faith in the healing powers of a good coat of wax underneath all of the carnage, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get them all out of the intercooler.

Do people in other parts of the country have to put up with this winged menace?

If there is any justice in the cosmos, whatever crackpot UF researchers are responsible for this yearly plague should be washing cars until the sun burns out. That is all.
    It's the same down here, if not worse, on the Texas coast. I hate the little bastar*s. Bug & Tar remover is definitely your friend
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Eiother that or invest in a foam gun that coats your car in foam when you wash it so it can pre-soak whatever gunk is on it. Works much better than prerinsing with water and it's a great way to not introduce marring or swirls on your finish (because that's the main step marring comes from).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by InfamousDX
    Eiother that or invest in a foam gun that coats your car in foam when you wash it so it can pre-soak whatever gunk is on it. Works much better than prerinsing with water and it's a great way to not introduce marring or swirls on your finish (because that's the main step marring comes from).
    Got a link to this foam gun you speak of? Never heard of or seen one before...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I got hte gilmour one... they're all about the same. WELL worth a cheap $50. They COVER the whole damn car in seconds and help to presoak your paint/bugs/etc... and it eliminates the wash bucket that dirt goes into... you should still have a rinse bucket though/.

http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.