what do you use on your dash?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on what do you use on your dash? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I dont put anything on my dash, i just use a damp towel to clean it, and i use a ...

what do you use on your dash?

I dont put anything on my dash, i just use a damp towel to clean it, and i use a sun visor to block UV rays. I dont use armor all , bc i hear the alcohol in it makes stuff crack and fade over time.

what do you put on your dash? does it protect against UV rays? i dont want something that looks greasy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    yeah. i dont like the shine that armor all gives the dash....i never heard about it cracking over time though??

i just use a damp microfiber cloth to clean off all the dust. every week...i always got one handy in the trunk
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

I've been trying to find something to use on my dash. I use a sunshade like you do but I still think it could benefit from some kind of protectant.

I'm thinking about trying this stuff

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1006&SKU=11173
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    I dont use armor all , bc i hear the alcohol in it makes stuff crack and fade over time.
    I have seen it happen. Armor all does do that. But if you just use the Armor all Cleaning Wipes they do not have alcohol in them so it does not crack your dash. I use them and it works great. There is a type of fish oil or something that a detail guy in town uses. I will find out what it is a let you guys know. It is supposed to protect and keep the dash in great shape.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    I dont put anything on my dash, i just use a damp towel to clean it, and i use a sun visor to block UV rays. I dont use armor all , bc i hear the alcohol in it makes stuff crack and fade over time.

what do you put on your dash? does it protect against UV rays? i dont want something that looks greasy.
    I do the same. Slightly damp terry cloth cotton towel to dust and clean at the end of every car wash. Why would you want something even slightly glossy? Glossy = glare.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    I do the same. Slightly damp terry cloth cotton towel to dust and clean at the end of every car wash. Why would you want something even slightly glossy? Glossy = glare.
    +1 for wet cloth... I've also used the armor all wipes. They clean the dash and don't leave a greasy residue...
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

This is what I use.
    http://www.autogeek.net/pbnl16.html
    Natural Look by PoorBoy's. It can go from completely matte looking to pretty glossy depending on how you apply it and/or remove it. Plus, it's not oily and has no petroleum, so no cracking and it has the best smell EVAR. Great stuff.
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

im gonna go ahead and throw an order in for this: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-700.html

I've used the Sonus before. Way overpriced for what it does in my opinion. It has no smell and is ultra watery. You must let it sit for a while for it to seem like you used it, so it's not nearly as easy to use. You can get 32oz of the Poorboy's stuff for the price of 16oz of the Sonus Eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    I've used the Sonus before. Way overpriced for what it does in my opinion. It has no smell and is ultra watery. You must let it sit for a while for it to seem like you used it, so it's not nearly as easy to use. You can get 32oz of the Poorboy's stuff for the price of 16oz of the Sonus Eclipse.
    well in my case, i dont want anything that smells, and i dont even want to see it, i dont want shine. I want my dash to look 100% clean and factory, just have UV protection.

Gotcha. Sonus would do the trick then. I think the new Meg's Quick Interior Detailer has UV protection, and it has no smell or shining ability. Like $5.99 at local stores.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Gotcha. Sonus would do the trick then. I think the new Meg's Quick Interior Detailer has UV protection, and it has no smell or shining ability. Like $5.99 at local stores.
    yeah ive seen it around, i may give that a try first.

If its dirty (drink, food, etc) then I use a damp cloth.....dust on the other hand, I just snatch one of me mums ol' Swiffer Dusters for a few minutes.
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamnRex
    If its dirty (drink, food, etc) then I use a damp cloth.....dust on the other hand, I just snatch one of me mums ol' Swiffer Dusters for a few minutes.
    using anything to prevent sun damage?

I Support ClubWRX
    I use dust to preserve my dash

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.