what do you use on your dash? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on what do you use on your dash? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Redline927 using anything to prevent sun damage? Well Ive been trying several different products but havent found ...

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    using anything to prevent sun damage?
    Well Ive been trying several different products but havent found one I liked yet. I used Armor All Interior wipes and Black Magic Interior Protectant and I dont really like either one of them because they both leave a splotchy greasy look so Ive just been using the Black Magic every now and then to keep it somewhat protected....
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I use dust to preserve my dash
    doesnt suprise me, you couldnt care less about your car. ( )

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamnRex
    Well Ive been trying several different products but havent found one I liked yet. I used Armor All Interior wipes and Black Magic Interior Protectant and I dont really like either one of them because they both leave a splotchy greasy look so Ive just been using the Black Magic every now and then to keep it somewhat protected....
    yeah that greasy look is what im trying to stay away from, thanks, now i can scratch off black magic from the list.

I Support ClubWRX
    No Sonus yet?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

To get a protectant that will not leave a greasy look, you have to use one that's water based. Like the one I posted above. You can put it on and it will provide no gloss at all. Or, if you put it on heavier, it will gloss up a bit. Still no greasiness at all though. That's good cuz it doesn't attract more dust.
    Indy Racing League - The answer to a question nobody asked.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    No Sonus yet?
    unfortunately no, since i just shelled out a few shillings for a modification of the forced induction type. funds got pretty tight.

if you want to buy some and try it out for me and write up a review right here, thatd be cool lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    unfortunately no, since i just shelled out a few shillings for a modification of the forced induction type. funds got pretty tight.

if you want to buy some and try it out for me and write up a review right here, thatd be cool lol.
    Trying to keep up with Jordan now?

I would not be worthy to post here as I have not even waxed my car this year.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Trying to keep up with Jordan now?

I would not be worthy to post here as I have not even waxed my car this year.
    haha, ill be a tad quicker than just keeping up

good lord, drop it off here for a weekend, ill get it back into shape.

I Support ClubWRX
    haha, ill be a tad quicker than just keeping up

good lord, drop it off here for a weekend, ill get it back into shape.
    Do not think I have not thought of that ... If you were closer ...

I got my previous car professionally detailed once. I was quite disappointed.
    Mods & Pics

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Do not think I have not thought of that ... If you were closer ...

I got my previous car professionally detailed once. I was quite disappointed.
    Wow dude, I'm loving your avatar!! hahaha
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    Wow dude, I'm loving your avatar!! hahaha
    That is me back in 1979 on my way to work at the Shell station. I still have that t-shirt.

Back on topic (sort of) ... those wheels were unfinished polished aluminium. I used to polish the sh!t out of those things - a real chore keeping them looking great. I kept the rest of the car nice too.

'79 was about when I first remember seeing a new product called Armour All. I discovered then it was just OK.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 05-30-2006 at 05:15 PM.
    Mods & Pics

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    That is me back in 1979 on my way to work at the Shell station. I still have that t-shirt.

Back on topic (sort of) ... those wheels were unfinished polished aluminium. I used to polish the sh!t out of those things - a real chore keeping them looking great. I kept the rest of the car nice too.

'79 was about when I first remember seeing a new product called Armour All. I discovered then it was just OK.
    Looks like a beast (pun intended lmao jp)
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

yeah, wow, very nice car. looks very clean in that picture. im guessing it wasnt clear coated? (before i was even born lol) with no clear coat, you HAD to keep a coat of wax on those old conventional paint jobs, right? or wait, maybe they were clear coated in the late 70's? haha idk what im talking about.

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah, wow, very nice car. looks very clean in that picture. im guessing it wasnt clear coated? (before i was even born lol) with no clear coat, you HAD to keep a coat of wax on those old conventional paint jobs, right? or wait, maybe they were clear coated in the late 70's? haha idk what im talking about.
    No clear coat on the wheels or the paint. Keeping them looking good was frequent hard work, and they still went to poo.

Clear coat rocks!
    Mods & Pics

i use my mini Cali Duster to dust it, then an armor-all wet wipe thing... i've never heard of this cracking issue, but alcohol would seem like it dries out the dash though now that i think of it...

I use whatever duster I have lying around to get the dust and then damp micro-fiber to clean up anything not gotten by the duster. Occasionally I will go over everything with Zymol Protectant and have been very happy with the "like new" look it gives and it doesn't leave a greasey feeling, if anything it leaves the surface feeling kind of tacky.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast