New wax
Results 1 to 9 of 9

This is a discussion on New wax within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, glad to see we got a detailing forum up here. I just tried a new wax and figured I'd ...

  1. #1
    Registered User redheadfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    60

    New wax

    Well, glad to see we got a detailing forum up here. I just tried a new wax and figured I'd show it off:



    Black is awesome when clean...

    Next time I'll get some pics in the process. I'm trying out some P21S products. Good stuff so far...
    Last edited by redheadfred; 05-24-2006 at 08:29 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    S. Portland, ME
    Posts
    1,026
    Wow I don't know if the camera phone is doing it justice, but incredible shine. Did you list what wax it is that you were using?
    New England F4

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

  4. #3
    Registered User redheadfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    Wow I don't know if the camera phone is doing it justice, but incredible shine. Did you list what wax it is that you were using?
    Haha yeah, I sent it to someone and they said to stop taking pictures of myself in the mirror.

    The wax I used was P21S Carnauba wax. I still have to get used to it, but for a first try it turned out pretty well.

  5. #4
    Registered User Redline927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,516
    nice. that stuff isnt cheap though at about $32 a can.

  6. #5
    Registered User redheadfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    nice. that stuff isnt cheap though at about $32 a can.
    cheap, no. easy to use, no. but my oh my does it shine...

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    S. Portland, ME
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadfred
    cheap, no. easy to use, no. but my oh my does it shine...
    Any chance of us getting some more photos with a good camera? Please keep us posted on how this stuff wears, so the fellow cheapos like me can decide if this stuff is worth the 32
    New England F4

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

  8. #7
    Registered User redheadfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    Any chance of us getting some more photos with a good camera? Please keep us posted on how this stuff wears, so the fellow cheapos like me can decide if this stuff is worth the 32
    yeah for sure. I'll take some pictures this weekend so it will have gone a while with only a light dusting..

  9. #8
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    16,744
    I Support ClubWRX
    [QUOTE=redheadfred]Well, glad to see we got a detailing forum up here. I just tried a new wax and figured I'd show it off:



    Black is awesome when clean...

    [/QUOTE
    yea ,it looks great for an hour or two.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

  10. #9
    Registered User InfamousDX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bergen, NJ
    Posts
    900
    Uhmm.. you do know that S100 is the exact same thing but branded for motorcycles. MUCH cheaper at $15 a jar. I'll sell someone my brand new 100% full jar for $12 shipped!
    Anyway, great freakin shine. I used it on my car's that aren't driven much and the shine is great. Can't say much for durability though as the beading if it rains will stop after 2 weeks or so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •