Bird Crap Blues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Bird Crap Blues within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; A word of advice for all of you out there that are as obsessed with your paint as I am: ...

Bird Crap Blues

A word of advice for all of you out there that are as obsessed with your paint as I am:

If you get bird droppings on your car, remove it IMMEDIATELY. Not in 10 minutes, not after lunch, RIGHT NOW.

I now have permanent paint damage (blistering) on my hood from crap out of a winged bastard. I guess what happened was it got baked in by the 95F sun for a few hours.

I used some mother's polish to remove the discoloration on the very top layer of the paint, but the blistering is permanent I'm afraid.

God, I hate birds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Eat some chicken, you'll feel better.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

yes, bird crap is the worst, its acidic.

keep some QD and a mf towel in your trunk for bird crap. be careful when removing it though, it could have seeds in it which could scratch the paint.

have any pics of the damage?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    yes, bird crap is the worst, its acidic.

keep some QD and a mf towel in your trunk for bird crap. be careful when removing it though, it could have seeds in it which could scratch the paint.

have any pics of the damage?
    I can only imagine what supplies you keep in your trunk ... enlighten us please.

Bird bombs need to be reconstituted before removal. Then it is fairly easy to pick them up.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Whenever I get home each day I do a quick check for bird crap and other junk that might have stuck itself to my car. Then, I just spray it heavily with bug & tar remover and let it sit for a few minutes. Then wipe clean and spray the area with some detailing spray. Works for me Although, I have never had any so serious it messed up the paint??
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    I can only imagine what supplies you keep in your trunk ... enlighten us please.

Bird bombs need to be reconstituted before removal. Then it is fairly easy to pick them up.

pretty much just whatever QD im into at the time, either megs nxt speed detailer, or recently, zaino z6, a clean megs micofiber towel, and my cali duster.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    Whenever I get home each day I do a quick check for bird crap and other junk that might have stuck itself to my car. Then, I just spray it heavily with bug & tar remover and let it sit for a few minutes. Then wipe clean and spray the area with some detailing spray. Works for me Although, I have never had any so serious it messed up the paint??
    Bug and tar remover is the best. Does the job.

EDIT: I think the people who have problems are the ones who wait for the bird crap to settle and then let the sun beat down on it and so on. You gotta catch it quick.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

TIP: Try not to park close to powerlines, trees, lightpoles etc. It's common sense but it works. The only bird I can think of that can s**t while its flying is a seagull....

i wish my car could do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNTng3NUgo
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    i wish my car could do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNTng3NUgo
    My hood already has too many dents....

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Bug and tar remover is the best. Does the job.

EDIT: I think the people who have problems are the ones who wait for the bird crap to settle and then let the sun beat down on it and so on. You gotta catch it quick.
    Problem is that most good bug and tar removers will also remove your wax. A good QD should be more than able to remove the poo and should actually add to the protection of the wax.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    i never had a real problem with bird crap. ive had birds bomb my car....but no paint damage *knocks on wood*.

however the times i do...i stay away from that bug a tar stuff...it eats at the wax as others have said...i carry water bottles in my car...so i just pour some on .and get a rag to wipe it off..and when im near it ill pick up the detailing spray to finish it off..
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

...well what are we supposed to do if we are away from our cars for a few hours and can't remove it "right away!" ?
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

You cross your fingers and pray the sun didn't bake the stuff in to your clearcoat permanently...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.