Subaru WRX Forum banner

In need of some Help with my New WRX 2017 (White)

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  why2kmax 
#1 ·
So I just recently purchased this beautiful 2017 wrx Limited or premium I forgot and its white. But Ive frecking on the 3rd day of owning it clipped my 45 degree angled driveway and this happened to it. I have also some scratches on the rims that are small and the dealer said they will take care of it but my main concern is this scratch on the front lower bumper here. Im like a Scratchaphob with new things but then down the road I don't care. So please can someone guide me or just somehow make me feel better about this. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sky
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper
Automotive exterior Bumper Tire Auto part Automotive tire

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah this one might be really easy, get the front lip because it makes the car look better anyway and you wont have much to worry about after. I dont know how to fix paint but with a front lip, you will hide a ton of that.

Sorry about the damage, thats upsetting. I did something similar to my other car and know the feeling to a degree.

#4 ·
The lip would look good until you drug it off the car on your steeply angled driveway.

I did the same thing to mine within the first couple of months of owning it. I ended up covering up the damage with white Plasti-dip and pearlizer over that. While that combo wouldn't work in a more visible location, on the bottom of the lip it is so low on the car that it really isn't noticeable. And, it's going to happen again.

#5 ·
There are a couple urethane bumper fillers you can get that fill like bondo, but are flexible. Bumper Bite works good and so does UPOL 706. They fill, are flexible and feather out good when sanding. Then, just touch up paint. You'll never know the difference.

#8 ·
Maybe only if you get teh HK and Eyesight pkg. I have a 17 Limited without that and do NOT have turn signal mirrors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.