Subaru WRX Forum banner

Dash Too Glossy...?

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Sasquatch 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I've been searching the detailing forum reading all your fabulous reviews about different products..but I have a specific question I didn't see come up in my searching so I'm hoping someone will be able to give me their 2 cents. :)

I've tried a few generic interior cleaner products and everything I've tried seems to leave my dash too glossy. What I mean by that is when I'm driving in pure sunlight, my dash reflects on the windshield pretty horribly. Is there any interior cleaner that does the job and makes the dash look clean but doesn't make it so glossy where it reflects on the windshield?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! :)

#4 ·
If you can find cleaners that don't leave wax, or "shine" it will also help cut down on it. A guy I used to work with would clean his dash with some detailing cleaner then wipe it down with a lightly damp cloth to keep the natural texture and shine of the materials on the dash.

Its all up to you, you have to experiment and find what you like best.

#5 ·
That makes total sense! I went from an Audi to a WRX, and the Audi's dash never shined no matter what I used so interior cleaner wasn't a huge deal. I'll look into stuff that doesn't leave a wax or "shine"..thank you again! I really appreciate the input. :)

#8 ·
I always hear good things about them. I saw a few of their videos and I am scared I will go into their online store an buy a thousand dollars worth of stuff lol. Passions are expensive if you let it get the best of you.

#13 ·
I hate the greasy/shiny look of a lot of the interior dressings. My wife's dad (with the best of intent) cleaned her car with armor all, and the shiny disaster it was when I got in there made me sick to my stomach. One round of inner clean and a good microfiber brought it all off with no problem

#18 ·
irickchad: Yes! Picked some up this past weekend and used it on Sunday...works fabulous! And you're right..smells good, too! :)

XJman: I'll see if I can get a good picture of after in the next few days! I have a pretty good 'before' picture already. :)

shawn15wrx: Those are good suggestions, too! I might try some of that just to compare to the stuff I picked up from Chemical Guys. Thank you! :)

#21 ·
I've used nothing but the damp car drying towels I'm left with after a WRX wash. One terrycloth, the other a waffle weave micro fiber. Looks great for an 11.5 year old car.

I personally think cracks in the dash are due to poorly molded / made materials, not UV or lack of protectant. I stopped using protectants in the interior a long time ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.