2015 STI first exterior detail!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 STI first exterior detail! within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ***UPDATED PICTURES ON POST 12*** I picked the car up mid March and decided to order about 0 worth of ...

Home of the blues, the Blues, and the real life blues.

2015 STI first exterior detail!

***UPDATED PICTURES ON POST 12***

I picked the car up mid March and decided to order about $200 worth of Chemical Guys products. I want to really prolong the longevity of this paint, since I actually want to keep this car for 5-6 years, as opposed to my every other year car purchase. I've been sticking to basic spray washes until now, since the opportunity to get this done hadn't yet presented itself. This is my first attempt at anything other than a basic wash/clay/NXT liquid wax. Everything was done by hand.
    (Day 1)
    Step 1: Full wheel/tire clean with CG premium wheel cleaner, CG degreaser, and CG citrus wash. The raccoon brush is worth every penny.
    Step 2: Full wash with CG micro fiber sponge and CG Citrus wash
    Step 3: Full clay of all exterior smooth surfaces CG Fine grade clay bar and lubricant
    Step 4: Full CG Jet Seal treatment all smooth surfaces including windows. Lightly spread on face surfaces of the wheel. Let cure over night.
    (Day 2)
    Step 5: Full CG butter wax of all smooth/painted surfaces except wheels and windows.
    Step 6: Finishing touches:
    CG premium trim dressing for plastic bits around the mirrors, windows, rear diffuser, wiper area, and fog bezels. I didn't get the front grills.
    Saturates the tires in Aerospace 303 protectant

Other tools: Hard bristle tire brush, raccoon wheel brush, soft touch wheel brush, micro fiber applicator pad for sealant, multiple CG soft sponge applicator pads, about 20 micro fiber towels.

Total time approximately 10 hours.

I was going to remove the "Subaru" and "AWD" badges, but I didn't have the time. I'll save it for my next wax in a couple months.

Here are a handful of crappy pictures. It rained all day, so the car had to stay in the garage which made the whole process less fun.

***UPDATED PICTURES ON POST 12***

Last edited by ProZach626; 04-20-2015 at 01:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Great work!
    You should come over and do mine lol.
    My buddy is going to hand wash mine, then full claybar.
    Then 2 coats of wax. And tire shining.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    ugh seeing how nice this car looks make me regret my decision on mine lol

great work though!
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

^come to the dark side

Sweet!

And wow... what a nice clean, open garage! Seems like I'm always dodging something when working in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    ^come to the dark side
    noooo I can not!!!

I must remain pure and uncorrupted!

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Sweet!

And wow... what a nice clean, open garage! Seems like I'm always dodging something when working in mine.
    haha. Ironically, the garage looks much more clean in pictures, but the car looks much more clean in real life.

I Support ClubWRX
    panit correction??? what no blacklight???? Did you jetseal lights?
    Car looks good I let jetseal cure for ah hour still holds up well over this oh so fun winter
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

I Support ClubWRX
    Looking good. I started my annual polish and wax this weekend too. I was only able to get the hood, front bumper, and front quarters done before I ran out of time and sunshine. Clear coat swirls really suck and I feel like they are never going away. Hopefully by all this preventative maintenance you are doing, it should help a lot to avoid the problem I'm consistently having. Nice work!
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Registered User wrx1&allcarsR2nd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    I picked the car up mid March and decided to order about $200 worth of Chemical Guys products. I want to really prolong the longevity of this paint, since I actually want to keep this car for 5-6 years, as opposed to my every other year car purchase. I've been sticking to basic spray washes until now, since the opportunity to get this done hadn't yet presented itself. This is my first attempt at anything other than a basic wash/clay/NXT liquid wax. Everything was done by hand.
    (Day 1)
    Step 1: Full wheel/tire clean with CG premium wheel cleaner, CG degreaser, and CG citrus wash. The raccoon brush is worth every penny.
    Step 2: Full wash with CG micro fiber sponge and CG Citrus wash
    Step 3: Full clay of all exterior smooth surfaces CG Fine grade clay bar and lubricant
    Step 4: Full CG Jet Seal treatment all smooth surfaces including windows. Lightly spread on face surfaces of the wheel. Let cure over night.
    (Day 2)
    Step 5: Full CG butter wax of all smooth/painted surfaces except wheels and windows.
    Step 6: Finishing touches:
    CG premium trim dressing for plastic bits around the mirrors, windows, rear diffuser, wiper area, and fog bezels. I didn't get the front grills.
    Saturates the tires in Aerospace 303 protectant

Other tools: Hard bristle tire brush, raccoon wheel brush, soft touch wheel brush, micro fiber applicator pad for sealant, multiple CG soft sponge applicator pads, about 20 micro fiber towels.

Total time approximately 10 hours.

I was going to remove the "Subaru" and "AWD" badges, but I didn't have the time. I'll save it for my next wax in a couple months.

Here are a handful of crappy pictures. It rained all day, so the car had to stay in the garage which made the whole process less fun.

love the details you did. Can I ask you what's a good product(s) to remove fine light scratches and swirl marks? When I bought my wrx , the dealer gave me 30 days unlimited car wash. But the car wash is not the company own, they filtrate with and they use soft bristle for soap. That the only time they use it. The scratches not deep, I can't feel with my fingernail. And that the last time I'm taking to the car wash. And my car is black !

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx1&allcarsR2nd View Post
    love the details you did. Can I ask you what's a good product(s) to remove fine light scratches and swirl marks? When I bought my wrx , the dealer gave me 30 days unlimited car wash. But the car wash is not the company own, they filtrate with and they use soft bristle for soap. That the only time they use it. The scratches not deep, I can't feel with my fingernail. And that the last time I'm taking to the car wash. And my car is black !
    Search Chemical Guys on youtube. They are just one company but if you really want to learn more search out the autogeek forum.
    Take some time to learn the paint correction process. If you remove too much clear coat you will leave the paint susceptible to even more damage. Though a glaze or good polish can help fill in and minimize scratches.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

I actually had a chance to take some real pictures today. Here are a couple teasers:

all that open land and space... love it... solid pics bro... love 'em...

^^ Looks great man, nice work!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Thanks, guys. I have a lot of twisty farm roads within 5 minutes of me. That's where she gets to stretch her legs a little.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.