My complainfest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My complainfest within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK just got my STi back from multistage paint correction, clear bra on hood, fenders, etc plus this Optipro professionally ...

My complainfest

OK just got my STi back from multistage paint correction, clear bra on hood, fenders, etc plus this Optipro professionally installed on car. Cost me alot of money. I mean I'm no poor man but I paid alot for my car late June, plus the cost of all that, now to maintain the car like washing with special microfiber this and that, soaps, etc it's like ya gotta pony up a few hundred more. This is to get everything you might need like wheels, leather care, window cleaning, etc.

I mean heck in the past I freakin use Windex on the windows in my cars and get whatever from the local autoparts store. Granted I never used Microfiber and I know they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'm sorry guys this, in addition to the cars initial price is alot for me, but I feel like I have to maintain the car properly, especially a black car. This is making my head hurt thinking of the cash just in cosmetic maintenance.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So don't do it. No one's making you detail your car.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't consider that maintenance, and I certainly wouldn't consider it necessary. Maintenance is things like oil changes, tire rotation, etc.. stuff that will end up costing you more in the long run if you don't do them. Detailing and car washes have nothing to do with how long the car will last (at least not in TX where it doesn't snow).

I've probably spent less than $20 washing/detailing my car this year, and it looks just as good as it did last year.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've owned my wrx for 8 years as of Thursday. I've paid for it to be detailed once a few months ago.

At the end of the day, if it's your DD, it's going to get dirty. You will get rock chips.

Even prior to my full detail, my car still looked good and I only wash it once every 3-6 months

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Car wash concentrate+ mcguire's cleaner wax + pack of micro fiber cloths + windex for the glass = everything you need to do a basic detail your wrx for maybe $30 bucks. If water spots and dirt drive you nuts black is just the wrong color man! Maybe go with silver next time... With that said, I'll bet your car looks awesome now after all that pampering!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Car wash concentrate+ mcguire's cleaner wax + pack of micro fiber cloths + windex for the glass = everything you need to do a basic detail your wrx for maybe $30 bucks. If water spots and dirt drive you nuts black is just the wrong color man! Maybe go with silver next time... With that said, I'll bet your car looks awesome now after all that pampering!
    Yeah before even though my car had just under 7000 miles it looked horrible with swirl marks. I mean bad. I had only put 30 miles on it as I'm second owner. It was either my wash techniques, I have no techniques I use a sponge and shammy to dry (I hear a shammy is bad), or apparently the stuff the dealer did to make it shine basically came off quick after a wash or two.

But yeah these guys it's like no swirls anymore and shouldn't get any rock chips now with the clearbra. The optipro should help the paint alot. But still you have this stuff you're supposed to use every few months, it's not a wax, as you don't wax with optipro, but some stuff you barely touch your car with a sponge of some kind.

What I'm getting at is I've never really cared much about my car before. Never had a black car before. But this is my nicest, most expensive car so this crap is adding up.

This being said yes in 20/20 the black car thing is very tough. But it looks so nice when new. I'm not nearly as big a fan of the silver. Maybe a white.

Home of the blues, the Blues, and the real life blues.
    ^ +1. You got the wrong color, bro.

You can wash it however you want (or don't). Paint has always swirled, people are just more attention to it, now.

I Support ClubWRX
    They don't call it black swirl for nothing
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    Im not sure of your exterior maintenance routine but I would suggest watching some chemical guys videos and do some of the detailing on your own. Since you already spent for the paint correction you should be good as long as you wash it in a way that limits swirls.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Im not sure of your exterior maintenance routine but I would suggest watching some chemical guys videos and do some of the detailing on your own. Since you already spent for the paint correction you should be good as long as you wash it in a way that limits swirls.
    Well the paint had to be corrected. Looked crappy. Guys at the shop at one point said it looked like the car had 20,000 miles on it and at another point 40-50,000. That's how bad the swirls were. The clear bra I had to do though it's pricey when you go full hood. OptiPro (pro version of opticoat) I felt the same.

I mean I just am not one of those guys whose hobby is cleaning my car. I'm a computer geek. But the STi is actually pretty easy to clean. It's just man two bucket this, special cloth, etc.

O well.

I Support ClubWRX
    So im a computer guy as well whats your point? lol I can always drink a few monsters and take pride in keeping my car clean. I drive way to much so I want to keep in looking nice as possible even though im closing in on 70K. My basic wash will still take me an hour but then there are always the "details" that keep adding up the time.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

For the love of all things holy, throw out that sponge and chamois!
    2014 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a friend who will hand wash, clay bar and 2 coats of hand wax for $70 bucks.
    I get it done like every 6 months. I also have the clear bra and fender coating.
    Where I live just outside Boston, winter kicks your cars ass.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    I have a friend who will hand wash, clay bar and 2 coats of hand wax for $70 bucks.
    I get it done like every 6 months. I also have the clear bra and fender coating.
    Where I live just outside Boston, winter kicks your cars ass.
    That's a lot if work for 70. I'd take it
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    70 is a good deal what products would he be using?
    This is off topic but im getting ready to get my car ready for winter I just hit 70K on the drive into work this morning but the paint look good Other then the bumper and front of the hood (paint chips tss tss)
    1) Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss (concentrated) to get off all the old product
    2) Clay Bar
    3) Paint Correction with Porter Cable 7424xp Orange, Green, Black hex logic pads
    4) Chemical Guys Blacklight and removal with Hybrid V7
    5) 2 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze
    6) 2-3 coats of Collinite 845
    7) Chemical Guys Past Wax
    after every wash keep adding some Collinite for more protection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.