Question about a simple wash method...

This is a discussion on Question about a simple wash method... within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I really want to be able to wash/wax my car in the driveway but I have no idea what I ...

Question about a simple wash method...

I really want to be able to wash/wax my car in the driveway but I have no idea what I am doing. I will use a two bucket method to wash it but should I use dish soap or should I buy meguiars wash or something special like that? What kind of sponge or wash MIT should I be using? Then I would want to wax it or something similar, what is an effective yet simple wax to apply in the driveway? Should I be adding a step?

My car is a white 2015 wrx. I plan on having it professionally detailed about once per year and in the mean time just washing it at home so I want the easiest yet most effective means to do it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dish soap will dissolve any wax that is on the car, do not use it! Basic car wash soap is fine-don't go to the store and buy the most expensive. A lot of people assume if it cost more, it must be better. That's not always the case. Same thing with wax.
    Ask 10 people, and you'll get 10 different answers in what's the best sponge/mitt. I use a microfiber mitt and am pleased with it.
    Avoid washing and waxing in the sun. If your driveway isn't shady, consider picking up one of those "easy-up" style tents.

I Support ClubWRX
    I picked up some grit guards, foam gun, microfiber wash mit, some car wash soap for a basic wash. Also a drying towel.
    but you dont need it the foam gun it makes it a little easier for me.

You may want to think about getting a clay bar, detail lube, and maybe some liquid wax. Check out some youtube videos if you are un sure about how to use the products.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

if you haven't already, take some time and read some of the stickies and threads in this forum.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have washed my car with soap maybe twice in 3 1/2 years of ownership. I always use Optimum no rinse with the 2 bucket & grit guards,& clay bar every 6 months
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.