Help black wrx- what's the best products to use

This is a discussion on Help black wrx- what's the best products to use within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my black wrx seems to get scratches from the smallest things after the winter we had on the east ...

Help black wrx- what's the best products to use

So my black wrx seems to get scratches from the smallest things after the winter we had on the east coast my paint looks horrible. Does anyone have any recommendations for products to use to get the scratches out they aren't deep I think they. An mostly be buffed out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive been meaning to detail my WRX after the same awesome east coast weather. I am hoping to get a DA Polisher with a nice cutting compound and then polishing compound and a sealant. Ive been watching videos on youtube mostly Chemical Guys (they are able to sell me on their stuff and make the whole detailing process simple) also reasing reviews on We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 06-18-2014 at 06:01 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

If you can get your hands on opticoat get it, stuff is amazing!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    So my black wrx seems to get scratches from the smallest things after the winter we had on the east coast my paint looks horrible. Does anyone have any recommendations for products to use to get the scratches out they aren't deep I think they. An mostly be buffed out.
    Before buying anything major you can try getting some scratch remover which pretty much a light cutting compound. Then you can try to buff it away. I ended up ordering my Porter Cable 7424xp with 5in backing plate and various backing pads with chemical guys polish. I started last night but was not able to finish (the bugs came out). Even after claying the car I feel it helped.
    These were my steps:
    1) Wash and dry the car
    2) Clay Bar the car
    3) Quick Rinse Wash the car to get off the clay lube
    4) Cutting and Polishing sections of the car
    5) Added a sealent with Porter Cable

I still have the passenger half of the the car to do but it is amazing how smooth the paint feels. I couldnt tell the paint swirls out in the sun but when I was adding my wheel protectant last night and decided to check the paint with a flashlight and it looks like when I picked it up. If you want a simple by hand you can try scratch remover and see how for small sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal.LV93 View Post
    If you can get your hands on opticoat get it, stuff is amazing!
    As for Opticoat a lot of memebers have it and love it but you need to make sure the surface is corrected first otherwise any defects will be "locked in"
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Yeah what he said lol the opticoat applied last really brings out the color and gives the paint a mirror like finish. If yours is the black with the gold flake (Java black pearl is what mines called) it'll bring out the gold flake a lot more at more angles and it will take less light too. Great stuff!👍
    @specterstruck::instagram
    Sal.LV93@RaceDezert
    SalvatoreLV93@DirtyImprezas
    sal.lv93@ClubWRX
    2004 WRX
    1993 K1500 LT Silverado

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal.LV93 View Post
    Yeah what he said lol the opticoat applied last really brings out the color and gives the paint a mirror like finish. If yours is the black with the gold flake (Java black pearl is what mines called) it'll bring out the gold flake a lot more at more angles and it will take less light too. Great stuff!��
    Hes first looking to remove the scratches first. Yes protecting does come next and opticoat would be a good suggestions but he is not there yet.
    I wish I opticoated mine but oh well. I dont believe the OBP has gold flake though it should have some pearl in it

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX