Invidia q300 titanium tips

This is a discussion on Invidia q300 titanium tips within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I was just wondering what you guys use to clean your exhaust tips? I have a q300 quad ...

Invidia q300 titanium tips

Hey guys, I was just wondering what you guys use to clean your exhaust tips? I have a q300 quad titanium tips and the tips are black. What is the best polisher I can use? Thanks in advance.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't use a polisher, it can remove the blue. I just got my invidia N1 exhaust and have been doing research. I have found an overwhelming number of people who simply use wd40. I think with these tips you are better off to keep them clean vs cleaning them after they are very dirty.

There may be polishers that aren't abrasive enough to remove the blue, but I'm not risking it. The titanium actually doesnt hold a polish as well as stainless, incase that's your main concern. I personally like the duller finish to my tips and will once a week wipe them with wd40. They look great so far.

And if you want to re-blue the tips, you can either heat them with a torch, or use a different method using 9 volt batteries and soda.

I actually plan on wiping down my whole turbo back from time to time to keep it from building rust incase I have to sell it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I wash them with a wet rag when I wash my car every week...
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Easy throw them out buy a new set
    I would search on youtube (maybe check out the chemical guys channel) about cleaning ti exhausts and see what some people have said. I used wheel cleaner on mine to get rid of most of the carbon buildup but then again mine is stainless.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    I wash them with a wet rag when I wash my car every week...
    i tried that when i wash my car, it didnt work. the carbon is so thick.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Don't use a polisher, it can remove the blue. I just got my invidia N1 exhaust and have been doing research. I have found an overwhelming number of people who simply use wd40. I think with these tips you are better off to keep them clean vs cleaning them after they are very dirty.

There may be polishers that aren't abrasive enough to remove the blue, but I'm not risking it. The titanium actually doesnt hold a polish as well as stainless, incase that's your main concern. I personally like the duller finish to my tips and will once a week wipe them with wd40. They look great so far.

And if you want to re-blue the tips, you can either heat them with a torch, or use a different method using 9 volt batteries and soda.

I actually plan on wiping down my whole turbo back from time to time to keep it from building rust incase I have to sell it.
    i gave the wd40 a try, i just tested it on a small spot. The carbon did come off a little bit and i was able to see some of the blue of the tip lol. I will try it this coming weekend
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I'm curious, (and do forgive me for the silliness of my question), but wouldn't WD40 attract lots of dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanala View Post
    I'm curious, (and do forgive me for the silliness of my question), but wouldn't WD40 attract lots of dirt?
    WD-40 is an oil so it should remove any build up. I wouldn't be overly concerned with anything sticking to it, I don't think it would attract more since it dries pretty quickly. That stuff is great to remove plasti dip haha