Touch Up Paint to Purchase?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Touch Up Paint to Purchase? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; SO The WRX has gotten a couple small rock chips (down to the metal wtf!?!) from the frequent driving. So ...

Touch Up Paint to Purchase?

SO The WRX has gotten a couple small rock chips (down to the metal wtf!?!) from the frequent driving. So is the best place to pick up touch up paint from the dealer or will i have to go to an actual paint shop and code the paint?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd go to the dealer

And I'd stock up on it (not literally) the paint sucks and chips/peels/cracks after a minor chip. It never ends. Lessons learned....buy a new subie and wrap that sucka in clear wrap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

i was thinking about that... Did you get the whole car done or just the hood front facia and wheel spray areas?

also if it is a partial paint coverage (similar to a clear cosmetic bra) do you notice a line of polish (after you polish the car of course) where the clear coat ends? Because I see the 3M clear products that protect the hood and etc of the car. And every time the owner washes or polishes the car he goes through hell getting into those areas to remove the wax.

Quote Originally Posted by BOshea View Post
    i was thinking about that... Did you get the whole car done or just the hood front facia and wheel spray areas?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOshea View Post
    also if it is a partial paint coverage (similar to a clear cosmetic bra) do you notice a line of polish (after you polish the car of course) where the clear coat ends? Because I see the 3M clear products that protect the hood and etc of the car. And every time the owner washes or polishes the car he goes through hell getting into those areas to remove the wax.
    No I bought mine used but after watching chip after chip after crack and peel and rust that I'm either doing the clear bra or opticoat. It seems like every time I touch up one spot two more show up. I'd just do the clear on the front. ..it seems like most of the chips are at the edge of the hood and bumper.

As far as waxing goes I'd just get close without going over the wrap

Stinkeye member 520

Okay good thoughts. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    It seems like every time I touch up one spot two more show up.

Hail Hydra!

I didn't know dealerships gave touch up paint..thanks!

Dr. Colorchip is also a great touch up paint kit: Dr. ColorChip Paint Repair Kit - AutoSport Catalog

I've used these guys for touch up paint and spray...
    Automotive Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch - Order Pro Grade Paint

Also, I don't recommend clear bras... they may help w/ rock chips now, but down the road they start looking pretty bad if not kept up.
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.