Road Trip bugs
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Road Trip bugs within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just did a 1000mi trek from TX to SC. Does anyone have any tips on cleaning the front end ...

Road Trip bugs

I just did a 1000mi trek from TX to SC. Does anyone have any tips on cleaning the front end of my car mostly grill and vents where bugs got caught? Should I be cautious of spraying water directly into my grill?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pure unicorn jizz. 69% of the time..it works every time.

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Welcome to the Club!

Spay away: How to safely clean an engine bay

Your grill is designed for countless sprays of H2O

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Pure unicorn jizz. 69% of the time..it works every time.
    I feel dirty / unclean having read that.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Water, soap, and good old fashioned elbow grease!

Welcome

Clay bar it.... takes a bit of time but I clay bar my cars before I wax them. Makes for a much smoother and shinier finish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Spray and soak and spray and soap. You gotta rehydrate the little critters to peel them off with no damage. Yes use clay and also a I find a wet all purpose microfiber towel works wonders.

I usually get what I can off with soap and water and the rest when I wax. I got tired of cleaning and trying to get every little speck out cause the second I drove 30 feet I'd get bugs stuck again

Look for bug and tar remover soap also. Haven't tried it yet but I'm going to. My car has a tar problem

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

I use a special sponge from buff and shine for bugs. Works like a charm.
    http://www.carpro-us.com/bug-scrubber-block/

I rinse the area well with pressure if possible.
    I go over the area first with my mf mit and get anything loose then rinse again and use the bug sponge. It holds lots of water and suds and will not scratch the paint.

Make sure you use a good shampoo. Megs gold class is very good, relatively inexpensive and easy to obtain locally. Use a 2 bucket wash method with grit guards if possible.

If they are really on there carpro tar-x or trix will do the trick, but they also strip wax and aren't good for headlights so use sparingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.