Scratches on my door!

This is a discussion on Scratches on my door! within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This has been a pretty rough winter in Northeast Ohio, along with many other parts of the country. It's not ...

Scratches on my door!

This has been a pretty rough winter in Northeast Ohio, along with many other parts of the country. It's not only taken it's toll on me, but also on the REX. I now have a couple of scratches on my passenger side door due to driving in the curb lane and getting stuck between a giant SUV that couldn't stay in his lane and a hard, icy snow bank overflowing off the edge of the sidewalk. Horrible experience.

I know nothing of body work and repair dents or scratches, so please, for those of you who do know a little something, help me out here. Is this bad? Can it just be "buffed" out by a detailer or do I need to take more extensive steps to fix this?

This 2011 WRX is leased, with one year left to go. I have kept it in impeccable condition with very low mileage and it was my intention to buy it out, sell for a profit, and get a new one. Obviously, this complicates matters. Please, any advice is welcomed and appreciated. And forgive the horrible water marks all over, I need a wash! Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0604.jpg   IMG_0605.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you lightly graze your fingernail over it do you feel a scratch? If not.. wetsand and buff oht it should come out.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

I would wash the water marks\dust off first.

Then, try some rubbing compound from Mequiars. I know I didn't spell it right, but I have used it on a few vehicles with good to great results. Depending on the scratch, or marks, I was able to subdue the appearance, or totally remove the damage.

If that doesn't take care of it, then other measures will be required.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.