WeatherTech
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WeatherTech within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just a quick review I ended up getting the WeatherTech All-Weather floor mats (Should have gotten digital esp with the ...

I Support ClubWRX

WeatherTech

Just a quick review I ended up getting the WeatherTech All-Weather floor mats (Should have gotten digital esp with the salt during the winters) I ended up getting them right when I got the car. Its been about 2 years and over 50,000 miles later they ended up wearing out in a few spots

im in my car at least 2hrs a day 6'4" and mostly drive wearing Timberland Pro anti slip slide on boots for work. Well I contacted WeatherTech and emailed them my photos of the wear points
    There great customer service contacted me right away and I provided them with my zip and eBay (WeatherTech ebay store) order date. They quickly sent me a replacement front set and am very happy they took care of the replacement. If I were to go get floor mats again I will definitely make sure to get theirs they stand by their product and make sure that you are a happy customer.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That's pretty good service. I figured if they wore out, I would on my own. My Volvo Weathertech's did the same and I threw them away!!

For my 2014 Hatch I bought Lloyd Northridge mats. Hope they hold up better than the Weathertech for me.

Good service from Weathertech. Too bad their side window deflectors don't fit the WRX hatch!

Anyway, why bother with aftermarket floor mats? The OEMs are very nicely made, are deep enough to hold a decent amount of snow and water, and cost about the same as aftermarket, maybe even a bit cheaper. Got mine with my '14 brand new and I really like them a lot.

I Support ClubWRX
    The OEM all weather floor mats? If those are the ones you are talking about im sure they are similar to the weather tech but just decided against them.
    I liked the idea of the Weather Tech Digital (which I really should have gotten) but didnt want to spend the money. I wonder if I did get the Subaru all weather options and something similar happened how the process would have been.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Yes, the OEM all-weather mats. They're very nicely made and probably similar to the Weathertech. Not sure if they would hold up better than the Weathertech mats, but I can guarantee that Subaru would not have sent you new replacements for free, that's for sure.

If you're happy, that's what matters. I hope my OEM mats hold up well enough for the life of the car. I'm not nearly as hard on my mats as you are, so I think they'll be fine.

I Support ClubWRX
    After I found out I couldn't get stock mud flaps for my 2014 WRX Hatch, I readily admit I didn't even look for stock rubber mats. I assumed they would be overpriced junk. Hey - I'm being honest here. Actually glad I'm wrong!

That said, and not being a Weathertech fan, so far this winter I REALLY like my Lloyd mats. They show ZERO wear and clean up much nicer than the Weathertech ever did.

The one big thing that I like about the OEM mats is that the grooves and channels in the mats are DEEP. You could probably hold a half gallon of water in those things!

From the pictures above, it looks like the Weathertech mats are much thinner by comparison. Maybe that's one reason they wore out faster? Who knows.

I Support ClubWRX
    ALL my opinion - Weathertech mats wear faster because the rubbery compound is too soft once the outer skin is broken through. They are heavy and thick enough in certain areas, but relatively thin other places.

On one hand you have the Weathertech that sorta kinda fit pretty good, are heavy and very flexible when cold, but the compound is soft and find dirt and wear really shows. They never clean up all that great after a certain point and whammo worn through.

On the other hand there are the tray variety which can fit pretty decent if made right, but sometimes the edges drive me nuts once they get bent. They are quite hard and stiff when cold, but wear is great, and they clean up fine.

The Lloyd Northridge seems like a compromise, good fit, wear seems great, heavy, flexible and clean up is very nice. Like new. BUT they don't hold gallons.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.