Looking for a good waterless car wash product

This is a discussion on Looking for a good waterless car wash product within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone, This winter has been terrible . I have tons of salt only car . I can't take to ...

Looking for a good waterless car wash product

Hi everyone,

This winter has been terrible . I have tons of salt only car . I can't take to a car wand because I have plasti dip on it. I have chemical guys waterless car wash . It's takes about 6 times before it really works . The first several times , the dirt n swirl marks come back . Any suggestions on what I should use . I'm
    Also looking for a good dip cleaner
    Thanks !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are there any DIY car washes I'm your area? You can avoid spraying the plastidipped area, or use a lower pressure.

If you did it right plastidip shouldn't peel off from a wash, my whole roof is dipped and I pressure wash it regularly , never had an issue
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I'm not worrying about it peeling off . I have my roof done also . It's my wheels im concerned about mostly .

I'm trying to find a do it your self place . Need to get the salt off

I just wanted to do it myself for now because there is still more snow in the forecast so I'm waiting before I get it detailed

I did my wheels too, as long as they're coated well they shouldn't peel
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I dipped my wheels last spring and pressure wash them regularly (2x a week). And yeah, if they are coated well I wouldn't worry about it. Mine still look perfect and have been plastered in salt every day this winter. Good luck!

I Support ClubWRX
    Plasti dip should not come of easily if applied correctly end of story. This is one of the main reasons I don't like plasti dip because it is extremely hard to clean and to keep clean. A normal had wash is still your best bet.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    The DIP won't come off as the others have said.

What I want to know is if you put spray on wax, like Wax as u dry on Plasti Dip - does it help with dirt and junk or just does it look like hell?

I used chemical guys Eco waterless wash with wax on the dipped wheels n it was ok . I have matte spray Frm CG said it was ok to use on dip . It's a waste . The spray makes em super dull n sticky. I'm waiting to get a bottle of BDP..

I was concerned about the car wash because I didn't want it to scratch my wheels . I don't mind hand washing . I don't have a power washer

My roof , wheels n badges are dipped

I'm just waiting for it not to be so crappy out so I can get it done professionally . I need the underneath done

What are the best products in general to use ..

I use ONR in the winter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

MTM
    if you put the plasti dip on thick enough it wont come off. You gotta curb the rims or really try and scrape it off. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides if it comes off just shoot them again. Its like $5 a can.