Stain on paint?

This is a discussion on Stain on paint? within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm driving to work in the right lane and this huge lifted pickup truck decides it would be cool ...

Stain on paint?

So I'm driving to work in the right lane and this huge lifted pickup truck decides it would be cool to make an aggressive weave around a car in the left lane. He pulled a little to hard to the right and went off the road into a somewhat muddy field. Of course this means he shoots up all kinds of rocks, mud, and twigs into the air. One the chunks of mud/clay smacked into my hood (luckily it didnt dint or scratch anything) right in front of the scoop. When I got to work I picked the matted piece of mud off of the hood and now there is a brown smudge/stain sitting there that won't wash off. It's on there pretty good because I can't even feel it with my fingernail. Anyone know of good products that might be able to get this off?

Very small smudge but man is it irritating to see that lol
    2014 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had something similar happen (on white metallic paint coincidentally) and a clay bar worked very well to get it out. It's probably the safest thing to try. Just make sure it's cleaned well before using it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I had something similar happen (on white metallic paint coincidentally) and a clay bar worked very well to get it out. It's probably the safest thing to try. Just make sure it's cleaned well before using it.
    Agreed. Try a clay bar first, if no luck there you could certainly remove it with a light polish.
    2014 WR Blue Pearl WRX Limited Sedan

Thanks guys, I guess I'll give her a nice wash and clay bar that mark this weekend. I wasn't sure if maybe that hood scoop piece was made out of something different causing it to require different maintenance

I'd say try bug and tar remover first, whole lot easier than clay barring the hood.

+1
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Even better. That would save me alot of work, thanks

OK. Either of these would probably work, but honestly I would recommended clay barring your whole car anyway if you haven't already. It makes a drastic difference in the paint finish. If you have already, then just do the areas that need it from the stain. Otherwise...do the whole car and enjoy the awesome results.