Trying to keep the new look...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Trying to keep the new look... within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im getting a black 2014 WRX: I need some advice on what products to use, as well as processes to ...

Trying to keep the new look...

Im getting a black 2014 WRX:

I need some advice on what products to use, as well as processes to keep the car protected.

What should be the first thing i do when i get it, as well as keeping it looking as best as possible?

I greatly appreciate any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Greetings! Read the stickies at the top ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh ... keep it new in New England?

Don't drive it until March or April. Been a bad winter in the Northeast and it is not yet February.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoWRX14 View Post
    Im getting a black 2014 WRX:

I need some advice on what products to use, as well as processes to keep the car protected.

What should be the first thing i do when i get it, as well as keeping it looking as best as possible?

I greatly appreciate any help!
    Well I would ask for some things from the dealership if I were you, depending on what you want and where you live that is. Some of the big things to ask from the dealership are as follows: Subaru's Short Throw Shifter and shifter bushings, All Weather floor mats and trunk mat and a big one whether you get this at the dealership or not is a clear bra. The paint on the front of these cars is very susceptible to paint chips from rocks and other debris. So a clear bra will help protect the front of your vehicle. another one is an upgraded sound system, like Subaru makes an OEM sub woofer you can have them install. If you get any of this straight from the dealership before purchase, ask for all of the items (or whatever you get that is extra) to be at retail cost. Keep in mind, you can get WHATEVER you want installed by the dealership but this will make the price you pay on the car obviously a bit higher than had you not asked for the extras, but some of these things that I listed are definitely worth the little bit of extra financing right off the line. Looking back I wish I would have asked for some things from the dealership before I purchased my WRX. It's a lot better than having to pay for it down the road in my opinion.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Be careful of dealership appearance add-ons. They are usually ripoffs. Say no to paint sealant of any kind, rustproofing / undercoating.

The one thing I wished I got early on were the small OEM splash guards for the wheel wells. Way too late now.

McBill: Not sure what shifters and sound systems have to do with the keeping the new look.
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Be careful of dealership appearance add-ons. They are usually ripoffs. Say no to paint sealant of any kind, rustproofing / undercoating.

McBill: Not sure what shifters and sound systems have to do with the keeping the new look.
    This is true. Just some words of wisdom from me, Like I wish I would have known about mats when I bought mine, or the availability of a clear bra.

Didn't anyone ever tell you? A short throw shifter improves the life of your REX by 50%!
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

McBill: I am going to take your advice for the short throw shifter, bushings, mats, sub-woofer, and especially the clear bra:

I do have some questions about the clear bra though, for instance if you were to wash over it/wax/claybar, would it look different from the rest of the car, and also, would it leave residue if you were ever to remove it?

Sasquatch: I am planning on adding rally armour on my own, because i like the way it looks, and will have no problem installing it, also to keep the salt off it as much as possible

I will definitely be taking your advice by staying away from any appearance add ons

I appreciate all the help from both of you!

Make sure to wash the car in touch less car washes, and or only your clean rags.

For black I recommend getting a foam lance, they usually hook up to any pressure washer. Spray the foam on. Scrub with a microfiber cloth. Then use chemical guys jet seal(2 coats). And finish with chemical guys 50/50 wax. It will give your car a mirror like finish.

Other route is wash with foam lance-> clay bar-> compound-> polish-> wax

I've had 2 black cars in the past and they would always have a mirror like surface to them.

If you want to keep it nice look into getting it professionally coated with Opti-Coat or Cquartz Finest. Where in New England are you? I could recommend some very good detailers if you PM me your location.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.