Debadged Ghosting Visible
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Debadged Ghosting Visible within the Detailing Forum forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all. Back in January I debadged the entire trunk of my 2012 WRB WRX of all the lettering (I ...

Debadged Ghosting Visible

Hello all.

Back in January I debadged the entire trunk of my 2012 WRB WRX of all the lettering (I left the Subaru logo) to achieve a nice and clean look.

However, I just started noticing about a month ago that in certain lighting conditions (usually at night with a light angled on the trunk) you could see the "ghosting" of each letter throughout the entire trunk. I'm sure that some folks wouldn't have an issue with this because of the extent to which you need to go through in order to notice it. However, I'm very anal and meticulous about my car that the fact that I know it's there bothers me.

My question is what would be the best way to remove that pesky "ghosting?" (For the record I don't have any experience with detailing, nor do I have any equipment to do any kind of buffing)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its from uv rays and the paint basically being bleached out. Having it polished/polishing it yourself out may help, if not the sun may bleach the other areas out over time. Don't polish to much, not worth it to burn the paint.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

First I would try a cleaner wax. Could just be dirt in the paint left from the glue. If it gets better then your heading down the right path. If not it may be paint fade. I did mine today actually and had some ghosting and the cleaner wax took care of that. Good luck

Thanks all for your suggestions. I'll give it a try. Do you recommend any products to start?

If you're going to polish it by hand then you could use meguiars cleaner wax... any cleaner wax really would do. You don't want to much grit. You also might want to clay the area first. Places like that tend to get a lot of embedded contaminants. If you don't have clay or don't want to spend the money at the very least take some rubbing alcohol and wipe the area down with a microfiber towel... that could help it a bit, after that it's safe to use some sort of cleaner wax on it. You don't want any dirt getting stuck in your applicator and adding marring to your problem.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Meguires should be good. That's what I used. Let me know how it works out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.